Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Account Manager /Multifamily & C&I Energy Efficiency
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Technical Account Manager/ Multifamily & C&I Energy Efficiency
New York, NY
We are currently seeking Multifamily/Commercial and Industrial (C&I)/Technical Account Managers to join our Northeast Energy Efficiency team to provide critical program support and technical field services for New York City based energy efficiency programs as well as other areas of the northeast.
- Work as part of the energy efficiency team ensuring that the implementation of client sponsored energy projects are successfully executed
- Provide market outreach, technical assistance, and guidance on energy efficient technologies, project implementation, and best practices to building owners/operators, property managers, architects, engineers, contractors and other trade allies participating in client-sponsored existing facility and new construction programs. Must be able to effectively communicate to both technical trade allies and non-technical audiences.
- Review energy audits, technical specifications, energy usage and cost calculations for energy efficiency projects.
- Independently build and maintain relationships with key market stakeholders in the building energy industry including building owners, operators, property managers, architects, engineers, contractors, energy raters/consultants, public officials, public interest groups, and utility customers to assess their needs, support their energy efficiency projects and building operation objectives.
- Contribute to the evolution of program strategies and the design of program features, services, and marketing campaigns
- Conduct market ally outreach and training as needed
- Assess commercial grade whole building efficiency strategies, building plans and specifications, and make recommendations for energy efficiency upgrades or improvements.
- Prepare status reports to accurately describe activities in the field and to monitor progress towards program goals on contractor/consultant participation and the completion of eligible projects
- Coordinate with or follow up on program Quality Assurance activities as appropriate.
- 3+ years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree (Engineering, Energy, Building Science, Environmental Science, Construction Management) or related experience.
- Business-to-business sales or recruitment experience
- 3+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas
- Demonstrated experience in conducting outreach to decision makers and stakeholders to identify energy efficiency project opportunities in residential or commercial buildings.
- Self-driven with focus to meet assigned goals for team success and personal satisfaction
- Excellent communication skills to present elevator pitches for energy saving concepts and projects and listening to stakeholders to understand stakeholder requirements and motivations
- Build trust, develop relationships, and demonstrate value as an independent partner to advance energy projects by overcoming objections with a compelling reason to take action
- Develop and manage a funnel of project opportunities from initial stages to completion that you will track inside a CRM
- Time management skills to maximize effectiveness using software to organize schedules and track progress to goals
- Demonstrated experience advancing clean energy/energy efficiency, with specific expertise in energy efficiency technologies, products, and issues in both existing and new construction buildings (residential, multifamily or commercial).
- Knowledge of integrated or whole building, building science principles, sustainable building practices and technologies
- Experience with the energy efficiency program market in the Northeast, especially New York.
- Experience with the commercial trade allies in New York City or experience building relationships with trade allies in similar markets
- Experience with NYC real estate industry or experience with a similar market with large C&I and multifamily properties
- Knowledge of New York City local laws and New York State building codes and practices.
- Knowledge of energy efficiency policies for multifamily energy efficiency at the federal, and local level
- Demonstrated technical skills to serve a discrete segment of accounts
- Perform energy modeling on various high rise residential/commercial new construction projects using OpenStudio, EnergyPlus or similar modeling software
- Certified Energy Manager, Construction Superintendent Registration, Professional Engineer, LEED other professional designation/industry certifications
- Aptitude to learn technical and general industry concepts
- HVAC, lighting, building envelope, DHW, renewable energy
- Utilities and energy distribution
- Energy and environmental metrics/KPIs (kWh, therms, BTUs, MTCO2, etc.)
- Federal, state, and local policies for energy related compliance and best practices
- Knowledge commercial building codes pertaining to new building construction (ASHRAE 90.1 2013, Local Law 31 of 2016)
- Demonstrated ability to provide project leadership and meet client goals.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Ability to apply detailed knowledge of organizational procedures to make independent decisions and serve as a credible resource for a senior management team
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel) and CRM applications
- Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities across a matrixed organization
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
New York Remote Office (NY99)