Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Manager, Project Accounting
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is seeking a Project Accounting Manager to work in our Corporate Revenue Compliance Department. The Project Accounting Manager will manage the project accounting process to ensure efficient, timely, and compliant management for a diverse set of direct projects/ direct intercompany work orders for an operating group with estimated revenues of $120 million. A key role for the Company, the ideal candidate will have significant experience successfully managing complex project accounting requirements and the associated setup within Costpoint 7.1.1. In this role, the Manager will ensure ICF’s project setups are accurate and effectively aligned with Company policy and procedures and will serve as the key liaison between operations finance and Corporate Accounting. This is a highly visible position and a great opportunity to be involved in standing up a new department for the Company. This job requires supervision of a Senior Project Accountant.
- Assist Director of Revenue Compliance & Policy to set-up new department, including developing key desktop procedures, SOX controls, project setup forms, training materials, etc.
- For complex projects, examine contract terms and conditions, lead project setup kickoff meetings, and manage the process for reviewing and approving the data quality and integrity of new awards entered by Senior Project Accountant.
- Govern the accuracy and maintenance of projects using Deltek Costpoint 7.1.1. Work with project managers, project financial controllers and revenue compliance staff to design project setup configurations that meet billing, revenue recognition, and reporting requirements, and that align with Corporate standards and policies. Including project number structure, funding setup, revenue and billing formula setup, project ceilings, labor categories, billing rates, rate sequence, project workforce, at-risk setups, etc.
- Continually assess ongoing processes to identify areas for potential improvement. As required, participate in initiatives to improve processes of project accounting, billing, accounts receivable and internal controls. Design, develop, and maintain written procedures, and establish and document project set-up protocols.
- Ensure adequate cross-training and backup for critical and time-sensitive project accounting function
- Provide leadership and vision for codifying establishing the function and rolling it out to legacy business.
- Create and maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs) for project set-up, work with project setup stakeholders to ensure adherence to those SOPs, and ensure that the processes within and pertaining to project setup remain compliant.
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint and particularly project setup and billing modules/capabilities is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance, Business or related discipline, or equivalent experience in a related field
- 7+ years’ experience in government contracting environment or related experience that includes, responsibility for project setup using Deltek Costpont 7.1.1
- Comprehensive knowledge of cost reimbursable, time and material and fixed price government contracts as well as commercial contracts.
- Prior team lead, or supervisory experience is mandatory
- Strong time-management skills
- Ability to understand, interpret and apply accounting standards, federal regulations, award agreements, contractual terms, policies, and procedures
- Cognos experience preferred
- Prior experience working in an automated workflow ticketing system
- Track record of delivering well-organized and accurate work and standing up new initiatives
- Ability to work in a fast paced and deadline driven culture
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Pay Transparency Statement: For more information, please click here: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting and technology services provider with more than 5,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. We are business analysts, policy specialists, technologists, researchers, digital strategists, social scientists and creatives. Since 1969, government and commercial clients have worked with ICF to overcome their toughest challenges on issues that matter profoundly to their success. Come engage with us at icf.com.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)