Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Revenue Recognition Associate
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is currently seeking an experienced, dynamic, results-oriented Revenue Recognition Associate. We are looking for an energetic, team player with a background in revenue recognition gained through public or corporate accounting experiences. ICF is an excellent, fast paced working environment where you will have an opportunity to work across dynamic teams throughout the company. The Revenue Recognition Associate position will report to the Director of Revenue Policy & Compliance.
This individual will support the revenue recognition team in many ways including analytics and other ad-hoc functions. The Associate will also provide support on due diligence activities related to acquisitions and integration of acquired companies and is expected to quickly get up to speed on the entire revenue cycle process. This position is full-time and based at ICF’s Headquarters office in Fairfax, VA.
- Prepare for and participate in monthly revenue meetings and review of monthly revenue which consists of analytical review of monthly revenue trends
- Prepare and maintain supporting revenue accounting documentation, including revenue accounting checklists and spreadsheets for all new and existing projects
- Support leadership in working with internal and external auditors to ensure compliance of quarterly revenue accounting and facilitate year-end financial audit request
- Aid Director and Manager of Revenue to implement company-wide revenue accounting procedures and practices to ensure compliance with ASC 606
- Provide support and analytics to help leadership in Revenue and across ICF make better decisions regarding revenue recognition
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for dissemination to Operations
- Track metrics on new setups, modifications and other outstanding SOX deliverables from CMS and Cognos
- Data entry of manual revenue adjustments into Costpoint
- Review and sign off on Standard Time & Material Projects
- Prepare quarterly tracker for at-risk projects
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, or related degree from an accredited university
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience with accounting and financial reporting, preferably working with government contractors or a global public company
- Detail oriented and strong documentation skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Proven excel and analytical skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills required
- Active CPA preferred or CPA candidate
- Experience in revenue recognition for various contract types (CPxF, T&M, FPLOE and FP)
- 2-3 years pf public accounting experience from a large national firm strongly preferred.
- Experience with major ERP system required (Oracle, SAP, Netsuite, Deltek/Costpoint)
- SOX process experience
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions
- Knowledge of ASC 606 principles
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)