Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Energy and Clean Transportation Researcher
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Want to design, develop, and implement energy efficiency and transportation programs, and engage with industry leaders to save energy and reduce greenhouse gas footprints? You can at ICF. We solve the most challenging issues facing the energy and transportation industries today.
ICF is seeking a detail-oriented, self-motivated candidate to help clients implement and evolve their energy-efficiency and clean transportation programs. The candidate will support high–profile public–private partnership programs to drive improved energy efficiency in the federal, commercial, multifamily, and/or industrial markets, and also support exciting projects related to electric vehicles and other technologies and strategies in clean transportation.
The candidate will contribute to the development of innovative, accurate, timely, and high-quality products and services, typically working on multiple projects with all levels of staff. He or she will have an opportunity to apply their academic knowledge, gain exposure to interesting research- and data-based projects, and interact with experts and clients, while also building content knowledge and consulting skills. Junior staff in our consulting practice have the opportunity to advance into management roles.
What you will be doing . . .
- Conducting phone and email outreach to build and maintain relationships with key market actors, including commercial building owners and operators, vehicle fueling infrastructure providers, industry associations, and utilities.
- Serving as a liaison for program participants, and maintaining detailed records in a customer management system.
- Contributing to the development and deployment of communications and training resources, including case studies, webinars, in-person events, and presentations.
- Tracking and summarizing federal/state/local and national energy policies and industry issues related to energy efficiency and clean transportation.
- Coordinating with other team members and clients to develop national and regional strategies to influence the market and increase participation in programs.
- Reviewing energy consumption data for single buildings as well as large portfolios of facilities, to assist building owners in benchmarking performance against peers, improving performance and achieving recognition for energy efficiency achievements.
- Gathering, compiling, analyzing, verifying, entering, and reporting electric vehicle charging station data as part of an existing national database.
- Performing research, reviewing literature, and conducting interviews/surveys to address challenges from state, local, and utility clients related to electric vehicles.
- Fielding and responding to general and technical inquiries from industry contacts, stakeholders, and the general public related to electric vehicles and other clean transportation solutions.
What you need to have . . .
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental studies, business, or a similar field.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, decision-making, and long- and short-term planning skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under strict deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative, and contribute as a team player.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and organizations.
- Flexibility and a strong work ethic with sound business ethics.
- Solid personal computer skills (Microsoft applications).
- Experience working in the building sector, electric vehicle and/or other clean transportation industries, or for an energy efficiency vendor/service provider.
- Experience developing reports, articles, literature reviews, case studies, or other communications materials.
- Experience working with large complex spreadsheets, databases, or basic programming.
- Experience in energy performance benchmarking or energy modeling.
- Familiarity with the development/delivery of public-private voluntary partnership programs.
- Experience with DOE Better Buildings, DOE Clean Cities, EPA ENERGY STAR, LEED, and/or other efficiency/sustainability/transportation program platforms.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting and technology services provider with more than 5,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. We are business analysts, policy specialists, technologists, researchers, digital strategists, social scientists and creatives. Since 1969, government and commercial clients have worked with ICF to overcome their toughest challenges on issues that matter profoundly to their success. Come engage with us at icf.com.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity).
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Golden, CO (CO15)