Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Director Revenue Recognition
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is currently seeking an experienced, dynamic, results-oriented Director of Revenue Recognition. We are looking for an energetic, team player with a strong background in revenue recognition gained through public and corporate accounting experiences to lead the revenue accounting operations & revenue close process. ICF is an excellent, fast paced working environment where you will have an opportunity to work across dynamic teams throughout the company.
The individual will oversee a Revenue manager and a team of senior associates responsible for ensuring that revenue is recognized in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and overseeing the SOX process and controls over revenue recognition. The Director will continue to build out the centralized project setup team. The Director will also provide support on due diligence activities related to acquisitions and integration of acquired companies and is expected to build strong relationships with the various business leaders in operations. This position is full-time and based at ICF’s Headquarters office in Fairfax, VA.
- Manage and participate in monthly revenue meetings and review of monthly revenue which consists of analytical review of monthly revenue trends.
- Lead technical research on complex revenue accounting issues. Prepare, maintain and review supporting revenue accounting documentation, including revenue accounting checklists, position papers and spreadsheets for all new and existing projects.
- Drive to establish a centralized project setup team and strive to ensure best practices are established and followed.
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and develop/refine revenue accounting processed and procedures with a focus on continuous improvements.
- Work closely with internal and external auditors to ensure compliance of quarterly revenue accounting and facilitate year-end financial audit request.
- Lead departmental-wide process improvement initiatives and proactively recommend changes to continuously improve revenue accounting practices.
- Direct and oversee the Revenue team, which includes execution of monthly revenue close, ensuring accurate results are delivered on time for reporting in accordance with ASC 606.
- Provide leadership across Revenue Department to grow and mentor through internal trainings both formal and informal and provide training to staff and internal clients on various processes.
- Liaison with key business partners on policies, processes and programs, for example, Operations, FP&A, Billing,, IT, AR, Tax, SEC and Financial Reporting to coordinate, prepare, review, and advise on all aspects of revenue recognition.
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, or related degree from an accredited university
- Minimum of 8 years of related experience with accounting and financial reporting, preferably working with government contractors or a global public company; with at least 3 years of supervisory experience required. Experience requirement may be reduced by a mixture of experience or relevant certifications.
- Experience at a public company in revenue team is required
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of ASC606 principles
- Experience with Costpoint required
- Experience with system integrations, upgrades and change management.
- Detail oriented and strong documentation skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Proven managerial and leadership skills
- Experience dealing with complex revenue arrangements; ability to intercept complex accounting transactions and apply them to appropriate authoritative guidance.
- Excellent inter-personal skills required
- Active CPA preferred
- Experience in revenue recognition for various contract types (CPxF, T&M, FPLOE and FP)
- 2-3 years pf public accounting experience from a large national firm strongly preferred.
- SOX process experience
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)