Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Windows System Administrator
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Windows System Administrator
ICF is currently seeking a Windows System Administrator to maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators. The Windows System will set up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocate mass storage space.
- Operate and maintain all Production, Pre-Production, and Development systems in a Windows environment.
- Perform System Administration activities to include account management, monitoring and management of system resources (CPU, memory, disk, etc), monitoring and auditing system logs, back-up and recovery, continuity of operations, security, and managing operating systems.
- Implement and monitor the Enterprise Windows Servers testing and installation of patches, updates, additional tools and future versions of all software on a regular basis.
- Meet compliance for Information Security Vulnerability Management (ISVMs) and Intelligence Community Vulnerability Alert (ICVAs).
- Perform Systems Lifecycle management including planning, implementation, maintenance, upgrades, consolidation, and decommissioning of enterprise hardware, and software.
- Manage system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the system is compatible with defined architecture and meets customer needs.
- Develop technical documentation, including CONOPS, user guides, test plans, and other CDRL items.
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Must have a current TS Clearance with SCI Eligibility (SSBI within the last 5 years)
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 8 years relevant experience
- A Master's degree in a related discipline may substitute for two (2) years of experience.
- A PhD may substitute for four (4) years of experience.
- Additional years of professional experience may be substituted for no degree.
- Experience with Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, and Group Policy.
- Participate in a rotating 24x7 schedule
- Knowledgeable and experience in application of STIGs to secure Windows services and applications
- Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following: ACLs, ISVM, ICVA, STIGS, etc.
- Desired Certification(s): Applicable Microsoft certifications (Examples: MCSE, MCSA).
- Microsoft Windows server and client administration (Windows 2008 and Windows 2012), Microsoft Exchange Server, SQL Server, Altiris, Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), SharePoint Server, Double-Take, Backups/Restore, McAfee, VMware.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012.
- Experience developing and maintaining Technical Documentation and instructions.
- Must have the ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment with changing priorities.
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment as needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Client Office (VA88)