Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Linux Engineer
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Senior Linux Engineer
ICF is currently seeking a Senior Linux Engineer that will apply current technologies to the design, development, evaluation and integration of computer information systems and networks to maintain system security.
- Ensuring the protection of company data against unauthorized disclosure, accidental or intentional loss of data, or unauthorized modification.
- Works with commercial computer product vendors in the design and evaluation of state-of-the-art secure COTS applications, operating systems, networks and database products and technology.
- Provides security engineering and integration services to internal customers.
- Involved in a wide range of issues including secure architectures, secure electronic data traffic, network security, information security and privacy.
- Develops security systems for any manual or automated systems environments.
- Must have an active TS with the ability to obtain higher level clearance
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior relevant experience.
- Requires shift work (nights and weekends). • Proficiency with configuration management using Ansible or Puppet
- Skilled in Linux-related scripting (Bash, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Experience with Apache web server configuration and management
- Management, deployment and troubleshooting of Java and Tomcat applications
- Experience analyzing and evaluating the security of new and existing IT systems and the procedures to protect information system assets from intentional or inadvertent modification, disclosure, or destruction.
- Experience analyzing and evaluating the design and operating effectiveness of Information technology and security controls that are in place.
- Knowledge and understanding of operating systems, networks and services
- Knowledge of Red Hat version 6 or 7(rhel6/rhel7) with the ability to engineer, install, administer and maintain.
- Experience evaluating security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information.
- Manage changes to system and assesses the security impact of those changes.
- Experience and/or familiarity with the following network protection devices: Firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDS/IPS), log analysis, malware analysis, network traffic flow and packet analysis
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of best practices, trends related to information security
- Strong research, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Master’s degree in a related discipline may be substituted for two (2) years of experience
- Desired Knowledge and experience with any of the following: (Apache/TomCat/NGINX, Kerberos/LDAP, SSL, IDM/Free IPA, Docker, Open Nebula, Ambari, Whois, Sourcefire, Puppet, Satellite Server, Nagios
- Training/certification in any of the following is strongly desired (Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)/Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to include preparing and presenting results, findings and alternatives and influencing management decision making based on the best available data
- Excellent problem solving skills.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Client Office (VA88)