Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Systems Engineer
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Sr. Systems Engineer
ICF is currently seeking a Sr. Systems Engineer to collaborate with the Customer’s SE&I team to assess architectures and requirements, to develop derived requirements and systems engineering artifacts, and to guide Agile scrum teams in the development of advanced cybersecurity capabilities
- Assisting the Chief Engineer and the Development teams in the development, integration, and testing of new advanced leading-edge cybersecurity capabilities.
- Collaborating within Agile Scrum teams as a key contributor responsible for the system design and implementation of advanced cybersecurity capabilities
- Interfacing directly with the Customer, stakeholders, and end-users regarding capability architectures, requirements, use cases, and stories to derive, develop and decompose next-cycle updates and specifications.
Conducting trade studies to determine improvements to system capabilities and system delivery processes (hardware, software, architecture, automated deployments, training).
- Active Security Clearance with ability to upgrade to a High Level Clearance
- 6 years of directly relevant experience
- BS Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, OR a related field
- Experience and/or technical understanding of cybersecurity attack-mitigation techniques and cybersecurity architectures
Cognizant of Systems Engineering Lifecycle (SELC) processes and practices, Change Management practices, requirements management, traceability, and associated tools
- Agile development methodology and DevOps experience
- Experience and/or familiarity with architectural views including operational, technical standards, and system/services views and business, data, applications, and technology architectures using applicable standards (e.g., DODAF, FEAF).
- Systems architecture experience including allocation of hardware and software requirements, development of use cases and stories, interface definition, and systems integration and test.
- Experience and/or familiarity with software and system lifecycle methodologies, (e.g ISO, CMMI, ITIL, Agile, SAFe).
- Experience with requirements management tools (DOORS preferred)
- Experience and/or strong familiarity of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and security and privacy controls (NIST 800-37 and NIST 800-53)
- DoD 8570.1 IAT Level II (Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP)
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Client Office (VA88)