Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Disaster Recovery Case Manager
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
As a Senior Disaster Recovery Case Manager you may be enlisted to support more complex projects or serve as a mid-line supervisor in managing complex grant requirements specified by the Stafford Act for the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Community Development Block Grant Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) Program.
· Supervise Disaster Recovery Case Managers in Puerto Rico and other staff
· Oversee field operations for Disaster Recovery case management including application intake in Puerto Rico
· Provide training on program policies and procedures
· Ensure that staff provides the highest level of customer service, and that applicants fully understand program requirements and are frequently updated on application and grant progress
· Review and approve letters and other required program documents
· Ensure all hard copy and automated files are updated and maintained in strict accordance with established policies and procedures
· Interact with senior staff from local, state and federal government agencies
· Coordinate public outreach events and off-site applicant meetings
· Present technical information in key meetings
· Bachelor's degree; relevant experience may substitute
· 5+ years of related work experience
· Advanced Excel and database proficiency
· Intermediate accounting or financial proficiency
· Excellent understanding of and ability to analyze tax returns, property deeds, insurance, and other program-related documents
· Exceptional ability to articulate details in a manner understandable to variety of individuals in person and over the phone· Good understanding of and ability to articulate design, permitting and other construction-related subjects
· Experience supporting HUD CDBG-DR programs on two or more Presidentially-declared events
· Experience with multi-family housing leasing and repairs, direct leasing of properties by local governments, manufactured housing including mobile homes and travel trailers and limited housing repair programs
· Language Proficiency: Bilingual preferred, Spanish and English· Experience in disaster recovery and/or housing support services or programs
This job is a Section 3 eligible job opportunity. We encourage applications from individuals that are low income and/or living in Public Housing.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
San Juan, PR (PR05)