Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Automation Test Engineer - Rockville, MD
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Automation Test Engineer
International Health and Development
Automation Test Engineer Job Description
ICF is seeking an automation test engineer to support system strengthening work on monitoring and evaluation systems for our USAID client within the International Health Division.
Develop and test application and systems within the data exchange and interoperability portfolio for PEPFAR’s Data for Accountability, Transparency and Impact system (DATIM)
The position is based in our office in Rockville, MD with frequent travel to our DC office for meetings with stakeholders and other ICF staff.
Perform a dual role of tester and developer as needed.
- Develop, document and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts like test data, data validation, harness scripts and automated scripts.
- Perform manual and exploratory tests with the goal of automation.
- Execute and evaluate manual or automated test cases and report test results.
- Hold and facilitate test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members.
- Support all aspects of user acceptance testing by the primary customer and/or users.
- Develop test automation suits to develop regression test scripts as needed.
- Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes.
- Create clear and detail-oriented test plans.
- Liaison with development to assist with troubleshooting.
- Working on programming and software development tasks under the guidance of the technical lead/solution architect and senior developers on the project.
- Collaborate with various stakeholder developers/programmer/testers to develop new features and program enhancements to existing components.
- Contribute to technical discussions about systems features/functions/components necessary to continue the build out of foundational elements to facilities data exchange and interoperability.
- Assist with the documentation activities to facilitate 3rd part developers’ smooth interaction with data exchange components.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, information systems or related technology field.
- 5+ years’ experience developing Web Services and APIs implementing REST, SOAP, JSON, JQuery, XML and XSLT.
- 5+ years web programming experience using Java and additionally Python or React.
- 5+ years of experience with testing applications developed in Java.
- 5+ years developing regression automation test suits using various tool.
- Experience with database concepts and the ability to analyze and write SQL queries.
- Ability to adapt rapidly to changing requirements.
- Strong understanding and hands on experience with QA processes and methodologies.
- Exposure to Gherkin & Cucumber
- Experience with Postman, SoapUI, ReadyAPI and/or similar tools
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)