Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Data Exchange/Developer Tester, Rockville, MD
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Data Exchange Developer/Tester
International Health and Development
IHD Data Exchange Developer Tester Job Description
ICF international is seeking a data exchange developer/tester to support system strengthening work on monitoring and evaluation systems for our USAID client within the International Health Division.
Develop and test application and systems within the within the data exchange and interoperability portfolio for PEPFAR’s Data for Accountability, Transparency and Impact system (DATIM)
The position is based in our office in Rockville, MD with frequent travel to our DC office for meetings with stakeholders and other ICF staff.
Perform a dual role of developer and tester as needed.
- As a developer:
- Working on programming and software development tasks under the guidance of the technical lead/solution architect and senior developers on the project.
- Collaborate with various stakeholder developers/programmer/testers to develop new features and program enhancements to existing components.
- Contribute to technical discussions about systems features/functions/components necessary to continue the build out of foundational elements to facilities data exchange and interoperability.
- Assist with the documentation activities to facilitate 3rd part developers’ smooth interaction with data exchange components.
- As a tester:
- Develop, document and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts like test data, data validation, harness scripts and automated scripts.
- Perform manual and exploratory tests with the goal of automation.
- Execute and evaluate manual or automated test cases and report test results.
- Hold and facilitate test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members.
- Support all aspects of user acceptance testing by the primary customer and/or users.
- Develop test automation suits to develop regression test scripts as needed.
- Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes.
- Create clear and detail-oriented test plans.
- Liaison with development to assist with troubleshooting.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, information systems or related technology field.
- 2 years’ experience developing Web Services and APIs implementing REST, SOAP, JSON, JQuery, XML and XSLT.
- 2 years web programming experience using Java and additionally Python or React.
- 2 years of experience with testing applications developed in Java.
- 2 years developing regression automation test suits using various tool.
- Experience with database concepts and the ability to analyze and write SQL queries.
- Ability to adapt rapidly to changing requirements.
- Expertise in Gherkin & Cucumber
- Experience with Postman, SoapUI, ReadyAPI and/or similar tools
- Strong understanding and hands on experience with QA processes and methodologies.
- Previous DHIS2 (District Health Information System) experience as a programmer/developer.
- Experience working with or in low technology resource environments.
- Willingness to travel internationally about 30%.
- Interest in and commitment to international development outcomes.
- Proficient in the French language.
- A strong self-starter especially in self-teaching and exploring new programming languages and technical concepts.
- Ability to work cross-culturally.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Rockville, MD (MD18)