Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Infectious Disease Detection and Surveillance Team Lead - Madagascar
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
International Health and Development
Infectious Disease Detection and Surveillance Team Lead
Infectious Disease Detection and Surveillance (IDDS) is a five-year USAID-funded project with the following overall objectives: (1) Improve the detection of diseases of public health importance and identification of antimicrobial resistance (AMR) in priority infectious diseases through an accessible, accurate, adaptable, timely, and integrated diagnostic network system; (2)Improve the quality of real-time surveillance systems for pathogens of greatest public health concern, including AMR and zoonotic diseases, and; (3) Generate evidence-based guidance and innovative solutions to strengthen in-country diagnostic networks and surveillance systems. ICF is seeking a Team Lead who will be responsible for technical direction in strengthening diagnostic services and surveillance; overall management of activities in Madagascar; and coordination with other project team members and partners who lead specific activities. The Team Lead will work closely with USAID/Madagascar to provide thought leadership and represent the project in country. This position reports to the IDDS Project or Deputy Project Director based in Rockville, MD. This position operates under the management and oversight of the IDDS project senior management team, led by the IDDS Project Director.
- Represent IDDS in Madagascar to the USAID mission (Global Health Security Advisor), the Government of Madagascar, and other stakeholders.
- Provide technical leadership and assistance in strengthening diagnostic facilities for the detection of priority pathogens and in surveillance for priority pathogens including strengthening quality management in diagnostic facilities, community-based surveillance, and using DHIS 2 for surveillance.
- Ensure IDDS’ activities are aligned with country priorities and are well-coordinated with other organizations working in Madagascar
- Utilize evidence- based methods and best practices to implement work plan activities.
- Lead the project team in Madagascar – providing the vision, coordination, resource management, and oversight of technical and administrative staff required to accomplish work plan activities and meet project objectives.
- Ensure country financial and technical reporting requirements are met.
- Follow established processes to guarantee the technical and programmatic quality of IDDS work in Madagascar and overall responsiveness of the technical team. This can include making necessary adjustments to operations to fit the requirements when necessary or recommended by USAID.
- Ensures that any departures in work scope or budget or any legal, regulatory or ethical concerns are promptly reported to IDDS leadership in the US.
- Work closely with USAID and with the IDDS US-based team to define and adjust annual work plans as well as implementing technical activities.
- Work closely with Global Health Security Agenda, TB program, and other initiatives as are agreed are in the scope for IDDS as well as partners and stakeholders to ensure coordinated approach.
- Works collaboratively and coordinates with regional and/or other country Technical Leads as well as team partners on the implementation of activities.
- Minimum Master’s degree or higher in public health, international development, or related field with a focus on infectious disease detection, surveillance, or diagnostics
- Minimum 10 years of experience managing health systems strengthening programs
- Familiarity with USG management, programs, and operations including regulatory and reporting requirements
- Technical competency in infectious disease surveillance or detection
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to use data for decision making
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French
- Strong English and French written, oral, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills in facilitation and stakeholder engagement/coordination
- Willingness and ability to travel a minimum of 25% within Madagascar and other travel as needed
- Authorization to work in Madagascar
- Madagascar nationality
- Experience residing and working in Madagascar
- Experience working with the Global Health Security Agenda
Selection of final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Pay Transparency Statement: For more information, please click here: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting and technology services provider with more than 5,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. We are business analysts, policy specialists, technologists, researchers, digital strategists, social scientists and creatives. Since 1969, government and commercial clients have worked with ICF to overcome their toughest challenges on issues that matter profoundly to their success. Come engage with us at icf.com.
TCN Madagascar (FN03)