Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Capture Leader
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We’re hunting for an experienced Public Sector Capture Leader in the Washington, DC metro area to help us build a best-in-class capture organization to support our business development function. We are a $1 billion+ global consulting provider. We work across a range of industries to make the world a better place through innovative thinking and technology. This Public Sector Capture Lead will join a team that supports ICF’s largest business unit. Our work is diverse, timely, relevant, and impactful - improving the lives of millions of people at home and abroad every day.
As Public Sector Capture Leader, you will be responsible for: executing our team’s largest captures across the Federal marketplace; training our existing capture leads on effective capture strategies that help us win new and maintain current work; and build an effective, dedicated capture capability within our organization. You will also manage a capture researcher who will support across our Federal capture efforts. In addition, you will be responsible for successfully transitioning bids from BD to Capture and then seamlessly handing off captures to proposal managers, ensuring that all insights gathered during capture are integrated into the proposal, and serving as a reviewer for those proposals.
- Reimagine our approach to capture for our largest opportunities from opportunity shaping through proposal development, creating then training our capture professionals on the new approach and putting it into practice across the group
- Drive efforts to shape and secure contracts from primarily Federal Government organizations.
- Maintain relationships within potential client organizations across the Public Sector to identify potential opportunities and acquisition changes or trends.
- Train, mentor, and lead our team of capture managers, ensuring that their capture strategies are on point, comprehensive, and implemented in an effective and timely way for each specific capture.
- Manage a capture researcher, guiding his research to support our largest and most strategic captures across our public sector portfolio.
- Seamlessly partner with Subject Matter Experts and Business Development leaders to drive the sales function; this will include shaping activities such as white paper development, call plan execution, and attendance at major functions.
- Identify gaps, then train our capture managers on disciplined, proven processes and approaches for collection, interpretation, and dissemination of information to inform capture plan development and refinement over time.
- Lead capture meetings, including kickoffs, solution development meetings, win theme development, competitive analysis, teaming, pricing, and others as required to support captures, with support from SMEs, pricing support, and other internal partners.
- Develop and implement processes to ensure that insights gathered by our capture teams are integrated into the resulting proposals.
- Develop, maintain, and execute capture strategies and detailed capture plans on the captures you manage, including but not limited to relationship building, information gathering and analysis, solution development, staffing and teaming, pre-RFP preparation.
- Identify capabilities gaps and evaluate and recommend teaming arrangements with input from SMEs.
- Participate in business planning activities to include quarterly pipeline and gate reviews; as well as proposal reviews.
- Bachelor’s degree + at least 10 years of experience managing captures above $20M
- Verifiable record of winning new business opportunities greater than $10M with the Federal government
- Prior capture leadership role at mid to large size firms doing business with the U.S. Federal Government
- Working knowledge and understanding of the government acquisition process, the FAR and acquisition strategy development
- Success building and managing a team of capture professionals
- Record of developing and implementing capture trainings
- Organized, highly skilled professional, with excellent team leadership skills
- Ability to translate client needs into distinctive solutions
- Creativity and high energy with a willingness to identify and try new strategies and tactics as they emerge.
- Ability to work as part of an integrated business development team.
- Strong organizational, prioritization, task-juggling and planning skills, as you will be working on a wide range of topics and projects simultaneously.
- A professional demeanor and positive attitude, even while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to contribute to and review technical proposals
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to gain support and establish working relationships with program/project managers, technical leads, SMEs, peers, and staff
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with outstanding interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Strong proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Experience managing state/local government and commercial proposals
- Experience managing large proposal efforts ($20 million+)
- Prior experience with established proposal methodologies
- Demonstrated skills in opportunity qualification, customer visits, and customer relationship development
- Experience using Microsoft TEAMS, SharePoint, or similar information sharing platform
- Strong organizational skills, initiative, and commitment to high-quality work
- Team leadership skills, ability to manage by influence
- Strong meeting facilitation skills
- Strong verbal and editing/writing skills
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated outstanding level of professionalism, including ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients, teaming partners and vendors
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)