Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
User Experience Designer
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Reporting to the Partner, Experience & Strategy Design the UX designer will lead the strategic development of our UI/UX practice. The UX Designer will be responsible for demonstrating design and usability thought leadership to our clients, developing strategic business requirements for customer experience driven projects, creating interactive wireframes and collaborating closely with Creative and Technology teams to bring the digital solutions to life.
- A visionary, with the intuition to rapidly ideate stellar user experiences and the technical proficiency to validate them.
- An artist and technologist, equally excited in developing beautiful experiences with creative teams, or complex e-commerce user flows with technology teams.
- A pragmatic designer, that wants a whiteboard marker or post-its in arms reach at all times, drawing out problems and solutions on a moment’s notice.
- A scientific thinker, with the desire to hypothesize, experiment and collect data on every user experience with the utmost precision.
Your Key Responsibilities:
Here’s what you’ll be doing day to day…
- User Experience Workshops: Conducting engaging client workshops to identify customer experience opportunities and solutions, presenting strategic thought leadership and documenting business requirements.
- Customer Journeys: Designing customer journey maps that articulate the customer’s experience across web, mobile, email, SMS, and other industry-relevant touch points
- Information Architecture: Planning information architecture by studying site concepts, strategies, and the target audience. You will envision the information structure and features, the system integrations, and develop architecture maps and user flows; with a clear understanding of how data and content is moving through the experience.
- Wireframe Development: Collaborating closely with Business Analysts, utilizing business requirements to rapidly develop wireframes.
- Interaction Design and Prototypes: Rapidly building interactions and prototypes for the purposes of conveying concepts to clients.
- Usability Research and Testing: Collaborating with Research Analysts to define applicable user stories for usability testing and adjusting prototypes specifically for it.
- Content Matrix: Producing documentation alongside Strategists, enabling Creative teams to fully develop content and copy for large scale websites and applications.
- Execution Support: Collaborating with the Creative team as they develop page designs from wireframes. Collaborating with Business Analysts to include annotations and Functional Requirements in to the wireframes, communicating with developers to ensure common understanding.
- Innovation: Being a believer in the remarkable experiences, you will activate and bring ideas to your team and our clients. Empowered by new technology or unique insights, you will champion and articulate the value of innovative new ideas.
Your Experience & Intangible Traits:
The ideal candidate for the User Experience Designer position will possess the following competencies:
- 3+ years of experience as a UX Designer, Interaction designer or Information Architect
- Demonstrated understanding of user-centered design principles with the ability to address complex design problems and provide sound design solutions
- Advanced understanding of design software. Additionally, must have basic knowledge of object oriented programming and a comprehensive understanding of web application architectures.
- Understands how to translate business requirements into deeper UX requirements
- Strong understanding of data-driven decision making and the tools used to gain insights in customer behavior
- Solid understanding of online marketing and web analytics
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle, while working in both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Superior ability to manage short- and long-term projects simultaneously, managing time and prioritizing effectively across multiple initiatives
- Demonstrate experience in developing and owning wireframes, prototypes and information architectures for large digital applications, utilizing tools such as Figma, Sketch, LucidChart and Invision.
- Strong ability to communicate UX ideas and solutions to clients in a persuasive and non-technical manner
- Visual thinker, with immaculate skill in rapidly sketching and conveying ideas on paper and whiteboards
- Skilled with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator to publish UX concepts and ideas
- Incredible attention to detail, and precision in all deliverables
- Exceptional verbal, writing, and presentation skills
- Skilled in troubleshooting and problem-solving
- Engaging team player, excited to collaborate and self-start new ideas and solutions
- Bachelor’s degree and/or diploma in Engineering, Design, Technology, Computer Science or similar
Why you’ll love working here:
- Full health benefits (100% dental coverage, prescription, vision, massages, life insurance and short term/ long term disability)
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- Employee support program
- A brand new cell phone, with upgrades every 24 months (we’ve got your phone bill covered, too)
- Ongoing training and development opportunities, education assistance programs
- Catered Friday lunches
- Loaded snack cupboards
- Friendly community with lots of social events – from boat cruises to volleyball tournaments
- Participation in charity initiatives
Like what you see and think you’re a perfect fit? Apply today.
Please be assured we’ll treat any information you share with us with the utmost care, only use your information for recruitment purposes and will never sell it to other companies for marketing purposes. Please review https://www.icf.com/legal/Canada-privacy-statement to view ICF’s Privacy Statement for more details.
We thank all candidates in advance for their application, but only those contacted for an interview will receive a reply.
At ICF Next, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to creating a culture with a diversity of talented individuals who join, stay, and work in an environment that enables them to thrive. ICF Next is committed to providing accommodations. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Toronto, Canada (CD80)