Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Business Development Knowledge Management Strategist
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Business Development Knowledge Management Strategist
Behind every great company is a strong corporate team. At ICF, we have one—but we’re growing and so are our needs. We’re seeking dynamic talent to help support our continually expanding organization.
ICF is looking for a full-time enterprise-wide knowledge management expert to play a key role in driving ICF’s business development systems transformation. This position will bridge the gap between strategy and transformational results. You will have significant exposure to our business and processes within high-visibility projects. This includes exposure to executive leadership and could be a great opportunity for long-term career growth with ICF. The Business Development Knowledge Management Strategist will report to the Senior Vice President, Corporate Growth.
This individual will be responsible for analyzing our existing marketing and BD systems and developing an enhanced company-wide approach to manage, maintain, and communicate our business development information, including overseeing the operation of our sales pipeline, customer relationship management (CRM) system, and other shared resources. This person will work closely with key stakeholders from across the organization to assess what information is currently available, how its availability is communicated, how the data are used, and what technology is currently used to house or share the information, as well as what data are crucial to be available on a global scale. The Business Development Knowledge Management Strategist will also be responsible for shepherding our existing systems through the next levels of maturity. This encompasses technology, processes, adoption, content, and people, as well as managing the ongoing implementation and maintenance of the corporate system.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop an organization-wide knowledge management strategy system and for information generated for the purposes of business development, proposals, and sales
- Advise content owners on content management processes and on optimal delivery of their content
- Implement data capture system and integrate data from various systems and technology platforms
- Collaboratively work with peers to increase adoption and content use
- Oversee platform training development and delivery to professionals throughout the firm and respond to inquiries related to the knowledge management system and uses
- Facilitate content maintenance and relevancy across multiple, diverse business units—across geographies, client foci, ICF services, etc.
- Act as the internal advocate to evangelize the use of standards, established procedures and best practice to create a consistent, repeatable knowledge management process
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in business, IT or a related field
- Minimum of 10 years of applicable work experience within a professional services/consulting firm in the areas of knowledge management, sales pipeline and CRM systems, project management, and software development lifecycle
- Passion for and appreciation of BD content (leads, proposals, etc.) and the mission of growth through client success
- Proven expertise leveraging information technology to deliver knowledge management and knowledge sharing strategies, as well as an understanding of how to build relational databases, including metadata usage and user interface
- Strong project management and delivery skills, with experience defining charter for and then organizing, prioritizing, planning, and executing multiple projects and programs, from definition through implementation and adoption
- Success in leading organizational change management efforts as an influencer in matrixed work environments
- Ability to work independently as a self-starter, as well as collaboratively as a team player across multiple units Ability to lead a variety of people (vendors, contractors, practitioners, project team, and stakeholders from other parts of the company) to establish shared goals and produce desired outcome
ICF offers an excellent benefits package and an award-winning talent development program; ICF also fosters a highly-skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
This position is full-time, based in our Fairfax, VA headquarters office.
Pay Transparency Statement: For more information, please click here: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Fairfax, VA (VA01)