Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Customer Service Representative
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Energy Efficiency Customer Care Representative
As an Energy Efficiency Customer Care Representative in ICF’s Operations Center, located in Martinsville, VA, our successful team members perform in a variety of exciting areas geared to deliver an exceptional customer experience within ICF’s commercial energy business. Our dedicated energy team delivers an exceptional customer experience through prompt and accurate processing of energy efficiency applications, and providing overall customer service in a specialized and technical environment. Our work includes detailed reviews of energy incentive applications for eligibility, finalization of energy applications and resultant payments, inbound and outbound support for applicants and program participants via phone and online chat, and other types of back office processing support for our utility clients and their customers. The daily work for this position requires a strong ability to focus on incoming and repetitive data, while maintaining careful attention to detail.
ICF provides best in class customer and client support through our specialized energy efficiency team by leveraging state of the art call center technology, online web chat, and efficient business processes within a paperless environment. Our team members are highly trained, customer-oriented professionals who are eager to continue learning and building their expertise within the unique area of energy efficiency customer support.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Basic computer skills including proficiency with MS Word, Excel and other programs within the MS Office Suite
- Desire and ability to quickly learn about the energy business
- Must be able to pass background screening and drug testing
- Previous business processing or back office experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to accurately process applications within a highly repetitive processing environment.
- Previous sales or customer service experience preferred.
- Computer skills to include data entry with a high degree of accuracy and speed, and database navigation preferred.
Required Skill Sets and Abilities:
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, required.
- Ability to display high energy level, positive attitude, and enthusiasm for the program while working with team members, customers and other program participants.
- Ability to work with program participants ranging from homeowners to contractors in order to troubleshoot application requirements.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, develops alternative solutions
- Strong data entry skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Accurate, yet meets deadlines and established daily performance goals
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Must type 45 to 50 wpm
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities required.
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude required.
- Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities and to work limited overtime as necessary required.
- Able to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Takes pride in own ability to positively make a difference in the lives of program participants.
- Must have reliable transportation.
You may be required to participate in periodic drug testing and background checks.
Working at ICFWorking at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Martinsville, VA (VA23)