Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Energy Analyst - Renewables
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Energy Analyst - Renewables
Dream Big. Join ICF. http://www.icf.com/
Do you enjoy working in renewables, fuel cells, energy storage, or other generation technology? How about enabling project developers, financial institutions, and owners/investors to bring online generation projects that support the future of energy needs of electric grids around the globe?
ICF’s TECHNICAL ADVISORY TEAM IS DOING JUST THAT!
In the last year, we have:
• Provided an independent power producer with a model to help determine battery storage system sizing for wind and solar generation sites, evaluating revenue generation opportunities in various energy markets across the United States;
• Performed a coal plant decommissioning assessment, providing a fuel switch, repowering, combined cycle, peaking, and renewable generation replacement analysis including transmission system and power market analysis to understand the impact plant removal from the grid;
• Supported the U.S. Department of Energy through independent reviews of projects that developed and executed plans for the manufacturing of advanced/cellulosic biofuels, bioproducts, refinery-compatible intermediates, and pilot- or demonstration-scale projects; and
• Executed due diligence reviews for numerous residential, commercial, and utility-scale solar projects across the United States including commercial agreements, design and technology, generation estimates, environmental and permitting, as well as cost and schedule.
What would you do?
You will be a key member of a client facing consulting team evaluating project needs, identifying critical risks and providing solutions in support of energy generation financing and development. Your primary responsibilities will include developing technical reviews of major project components, evaluating electrical design of generation systems, and managing due diligence projects.
- Review the electrical design of energy generation systems (solar, wind, storage, bio, or thermal) and their interconnection to the grid.
- Perform technology reviews for electrical equipment and systems for energy generation projects, including individual components, control systems, and system architectures.
- Perform detailed technical research related to the electrical design of energy generation projects, critical component technology development, and manufacturing trends.
- Travel to project sites to perform pre-construction reviews, construction monitoring, and completion reviews.
- Manage independent engineering or owner’s advisory projects including client interaction, ICF team organization, and project financials and reporting.
- Develop and maintain client relations among developers, financial institutions, and technology providers.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or related field with a focus on power systems.
- 3+ years of experience working in electrical design related areas including electrical design of renewable energy projects, electric substation design, and electronic component technology development and/or analysis.
- Demonstrated understanding of current electrical design issues including: appropriate codes and best practices; grounding methods and construction practices; control systems and grid interaction; and the technical aspects of interconnection agreements.
- Ability to work with and understand technical concepts, while also being able to communicate them to varied audiences.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering or related field with a focus on power systems.
- Experience in energy storage applications, energy storage component technology, integration of renewables and energy storage, and the valuation of energy storage systems is preferred.
- Engineer-in-Training or Professional Engineer’s license preferred.
- Experience with utility scale solar generation modeling, design, construction, operation, and/or development a plus.
New Delhi, India (II77)