Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
As a Buyer, you will be responsible for executing the entire procurement process to ensure adherence to approved purchasing system policy and procedures. If you are looking for the opportunity to showcase your organizational skills in a fast-paced environment with room professional growth, then check out ICF!
- Maintain knowledge of all organizational and government rules affecting purchases, and provide information about these rules to organization staff members and to vendors.
- Responsible for following policies and procedures for procurement of goods and services.
- Assists in the preparation of formal requests for quote or proposal; reviews specifications and evaluates bids received.
- Locate and help approve suppliers and or partners, using sources such as catalogs, internet, small business initiatives, and interviews to gather information about products and services that match requisition requirements.
- Responsible for vendor development to include communication with sales representatives; updating and maintaining list of approved vendors for bidding purposes; obtaining samples and literature regarding potential products and vendor capabilities and conferring with end users.
- Compare prices, specifications, and delivery dates in order to determine the best bid among potential suppliers.
- Ensure subcontractor/consultant agreements, Task Orders, and appropriate Terms and Conditions are utilized.
- Negotiates price and terms of Purchase Orders with prospective vendors and suppliers.
- Accurate entry of Purchase Orders into Deltek Costpoint
- Transmitting, tracking confirmations, and filing of all Procurement related documents in a timely manner ensuring compliance with corporate documentation and retention procedures.
- Monitors contracts and orders and expedites delivery; arbitrates disputes with vendors.
- Responsible for office supply and business card invoice reconciliations.
- Responsible for critical thinking and intermediate decision making concerning the analysis and award of lower level procurements and agreements.
- Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals to perform a variety of Procurement related tasks.
- 2+ years of procurement experience
- 1+ year of experience working in a government contracting environment
- Bachelor's degree in Business or other related field
- Knowledge of Deltek Costpoint
- Knowledge of FAR/DFARS and CPSR requirements
- Knowledge of Procurement of IT related products and services
- Familiarity with SharePoint
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated outstanding level of professionalism in providing administrative support, including ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Ability to apply detailed knowledge of organizational procedures to make independent decisions and serve as a credible resource for a senior management team
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Pay Transparency Statement: For more information, please click here: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting and technology services provider with more than 5,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. We are business analysts, policy specialists, technologists, researchers, digital strategists, social scientists and creatives. Since 1969, government and commercial clients have worked with ICF to overcome their toughest challenges on issues that matter profoundly to their success. Come engage with us at icf.com.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)