Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Manager, Contracts
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is seeking a Sr. Contracts Manager to manage a team of contracts administrators in a growing and dynamic group with a portfolio that includes federal, state and local, international and commercial contracts. The ideal candidate will have management experience, proposal business volume development as well as knowledge and expertise handling day-to-day contract administration in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities. The candidate will have the opportunity to work with senior management of the department as well as company-wide leadership teams. The position will be based in Fairfax, VA and may require intermittent travel to other ICF offices or customer locations.
- Provide daily oversight and management to a team of contracts administrators supporting federal, state and local, international and commercial contracts
- Provide mentoring to team members to develop and build upon skillsets of the team to ensure growth and development of each individual member
- Conduct consistent team meetings to ensure flowdown of department/company processes, procedures and policies
- Participate in senior management meetings as required
- Maintain a small portfolio of high-profile projects and support proposals, hands-on, whenever necessary
- Delegate workload among team members to ensure effective and efficient support to proposal and project teams
- Assist in the development of more junior level staff in developing negotiation, business proposal and contract administration skills
- Review and negotiate non-disclosure agreements, teaming agreements, contracts and subcontractor documents (when ICF is subcontractor)
- Participate in proposal reviews to ensure teams compliance with corporate policies, pertinent regulations and customer requirements
- Oversee and assists in the development of compliant business proposals to address RFP requirements, pricing strategies, and mitigate risk consistent with sound business practices, company policies, and government regulations
- Identify items of risk to stakeholders and properly resolve/mitigate with the company's best interests in mind
- Provide oversight and assist in resolving contractual issues that may arise in performance of the contract with a focus on mitigating ICF’s risk while meeting the customer’s needs
- Support data calls, maintain compliance with SOX and DCAA requirements, as well as other agency audit requirements on an ongoing basis
- Ensure proactive maintenance of contracts documentation consistent with established ICF practices
- Provide guidance to internal customers ensuring compliance with RFP requirements and/or contractual requirements while adhering to company policy and established practices to mitigate risks accordingly
- Ability to handle multiple priority tasks effectively
- Bachelor's degree (or work experience equivalent) with a minimum of 8 years of experience in contracts administration or a Master’s degree with at least 6 years of experience or JD with 5 years of experience in contracts administration and minimum of 3 years of management/supervisory experience
- Strong knowledge and experience with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), and other federal regulations, as well as experience with state legislation and regulations.
- Experience with writing and managing business/price volume proposals.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Extensive experience and skills with various computer programs required (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience supporting IDIQs, GWACs, or BPAs
- Knowledge of the USAID Acquisition Regulation (AIDAR)
- Experience working with international non-governmental organizations, and international financial institutions
- State and local as well as grants experience a plus
- CFCM and/or CPCM a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proactive attitude in providing guidance and advice to project teams, as well as to the contracts team
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Ability to build solid business relationships with both internal external customers
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organization skills
- Reliable and dedicated
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)