Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Associate, Public Relations and Communications
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We’re currently hiring a Public Relations and Communications Associate to join our innovative and distinguished Commercial Healthcare team in our Fairfax office.
ICF Next is looking for an experienced, polished, and highly motivated Public Relations Associate to support our Commercial Healthcare team. We support a Fortune 100 commercial healthcare client that is at the leading edge of the market by creating specific strategies in local markets to address the issues affecting those communities.
The candidate will assist in the planning, development, and execution of media strategies and tactics that help clients meet their critical communication, public awareness, and business goals. Strong candidates will have experience with developing strategic media plans, fostering relationships with media outlets and journalists, media pitching, innovative techniques for generating earned and paid coverage, and maintaining campaign deadlines.
This is an exciting role offering excellent opportunities to work in a dynamic, collaborative, and uniquely positioned organization. The position is based in Fairfax, VA, with the potential for about 20% seasonal travel to support clients’ in-market activities.
As an Associate, you will:
- Collaborate with the PR Manager and all disciplines within the agency to produce effective and results-oriented integrated campaigns.
- Responsible for many day-to-day PR activities, including drafting press releases and media advisories, building press lists, developing pitches, pitching reporters, and media monitoring.
- Contribute to the strategic direction and insights developing short-term and long-term PR plans.
- Develop PR tactics and ideas to support the clients’ products in the marketplace.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients by participating in status reporting and being accountable for results and project details.
- Research cultural and healthcare industry trends as well as news stories to identify opportunities where clients may find increased visibility.
As an Associate, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, or a related field.
- Two to four years of public relations experience (agency experience preferred)
- Strong understanding of media relations such as media channels, media pitching, and building relationships
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Experience coordinating details and activities between separate teams to create an integrated campaign
- Time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to coordinate projects from inception to completion and meet demanding deadlines
- Experience and knowledge of monitoring and analytical tools
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting services company with over 5,000 specialized experts, but we are not your typical consultants. At ICF, business analysts and policy specialists work together with digital strategists, data scientists and creatives. We combine unmatched industry expertise with cutting-edge engagement capabilities to help organizations solve their most complex challenges. Since 1969, public and private sector clients have worked with ICF to navigate change and shape the future. Learn more at icf.com.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)