Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Disaster Recovery Regulatory Compliance Officer
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow. Interested in joining our team of Disaster Recovery experts in North Carolina as a Regulatory Compliance Officer?
As part of our growing Disaster Management Division, the position involves assisting with disaster recovery using U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Community Development Block Grant – Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) funds. The Regulatory Compliance Officer will work onsite with the senior ICF staff, subject matter experts, and junior staff to develop and implement policies and procedures for disaster recovery efforts. The Regulatory Compliance Officer is responsible for ensuring that program activities and contracts follow applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
The Regulatory Compliance Officer must be acquainted with the requirements of the CDBG-DR program, Davis-Bacon Act, Work Hours and Safety Standards Act, Copeland “Anti-Kickback” Act, Fair Housing and Equal Opportunities Standards, Section 3 requirements of the Housing and Urban Development Act of 1968, and Minority/Women-Owned Business Enterprise policies and practices. Responsibilities may also include
- The Regulatory Compliance Officer duties are:
- Create and implement policies, standards, and procedures to monitor compliance of all parties with applicable regulations
- Enforce standards to ensure that program maintains compliance standards
- Serving as an expert on policy and regulatory issues, developing written materials, managing staff, providing training and technical assistance, and working directly with the client to provide advisory/consulting services
- Maintain open lines of communication with all relevant decision makers and stakeholders to keep all parties informed of regulatory changes as they may apply to the programs.
- Help to resolve program issues as needed
- Assist in preparing and review reports to the PRDOH
- 5 years of regulatory compliance
- HUD CDBG programs exposure
- Direct CDBG – DR experience or experience in disaster recovery
- Excellent communication and customer service skills and exhibit a high level of professionalism in all communications
- Fluency in reading, writing, and speaking English fluently
- Knowledge and experience with personal computers in a Microsoft Windows-based environment
- Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities and to work limited overtime as necessary
- Exposure to operating and monitoring federally-funded programs
- Strong verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, empathy, and a cooperative attitude
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
N Carolina Client Office (NC88)