Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Sr. Manager, Energy Efficiency - Chicago, IL
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Senior Manager, Energy Efficiency
To support our growth, we are currently seeking a Sr. Manager for our Commercial Energy division to lead and grow ICF’s energy efficiency programs. You will lead the design and implementation of the standard (prescriptive) energy efficiency programs (private and public) within a portfolio for a Midwest client for their commercial customers. You will build strong relationships with clients as you work with them to design and implement program strategies. You will also manage and mentor a cross-disciplinary team of portfolio staff and coordinate efforts with marketing, outreach, and technical staff.
- Program design and budgeting, including identification, analysis and selection of appropriate energy efficiency measures; development of delivery strategies
- Program implementation including development and execution of detailed and effective implementation and management plans, quality control, or program evaluation. You are the principal point of contact for all daily program questions/discussions with both the utility’s Project and Program Managers
- Day to day management of program team members
- Coordination with and/or oversight of outreach, marketing, engineering, application processing, and incentive processing staff
- Manage program forecasts to goals and budgets along with providing regulatory support
- Prepare and delivery of weekly program reporting, both verbal and written
- Primary interface with client(s) – day to day and future planning
- Bachelor's degree (Concentration in Engineering or Energy Resources, Sciences, Policy, Business)
- 10+ years of experience developing designing and administering successful energy efficiency and demand reduction programs
- 5+ years of experience managing consulting projects for utilities, state energy offices, state/local governments, and regional non-profits
- 5+ years of experience managing energy efficiency program budgets and providing regulatory support
- 4+ years of experience managing a team (in-house or virtual)
- Ability to establish influential partnerships at all levels
- Demonstrated experience with business development and client development
- Industry certifications, professional affiliations, and publications
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Oak Brook, IL (IL13)