Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Air Quality & Transportation Sustainability Intern
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
It's not hard to come to work each day when you're preventing pollution, saving energy, and helping the world mitigate and become more resilient to impacts from climate change. ICF is at the forefront of preparing leading-edge technical and policy analyses, identifying viable market solutions, building real-world management tools, and implementing programs to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. In climate change and environmental markets, ICF has advised more than 30 governments and international institutions, and served more than 60 companies in the FT Global 500. We develop emissions inventories and carbon footprints; conduct greenhouse gas mitigation policy analyses; assist clients with offset and carbon credit projects; support organizational sustainability; assess the performance of global programs (e.g., climate funds, multilateral development banks), and identify ways they could improve; and support federal, state, local, international, and private sector clients on analyses related to climate change impacts and vulnerabilities, among other service offerings. We offer our clients around the globe unparalleled analytical, policy, and business management services.
ICF is seeking a part-time summer intern to support our Climate, Energy Efficiency, and Transportation line of business. You will be responsible for supporting ICF managers in planning and executing projects. You will be expected to work as part of 2 to 7 person teams to execute tasks related to the development and delivery of accurate, timely, and high quality products and services. You are likely to work on multiple projects, with a focus on low-emissions development projects in Latin America and the Caribbean, and interact with all levels of staff. At ICF, you have an opportunity to apply your academic knowledge, gain exposure to major projects, and interact with experts in the field, while also building content knowledge and consulting skills.
This position is intended for Bachelor's graduates or current Masters students who are available from June to September 2019. The internship will be 24 to 40 hours per week, depending on project demand, and will be based out of the ICF midtown Manhattan office.
What you'll do...
- Reviewing literature and performing research.
- Quantitative problem-solving, data collection and analysis, and manipulation of large datasets.
- Preparing presentations, reports, memoranda, and other communication materials.
- Working with teams to prepare high-quality materials to support clients, pitching in where necessary.
- Completing tasks in a fast-paced and self-motivated environment and in a timely and efficient manner.
- Reporting to project managers.
What you'll need...
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental or other Earth Sciences, Environmental Management, Engineering, Business, Economics, Biology, Chemistry, Public Policy or related subjects.
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience in climate- and sustainability-related areas.
- Cumulative and major GPA of at least 3.2 or higher.
Professional skills you will need...
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Spanish language skills are an asset.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment; exceptional time management track record.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong organizational skills and detail-orientation.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and seek input when needed
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
New York, NY (NY18)