Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Health Communication Specialist
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Looking to make an impact? What about boosting your career? Come to ICF Next, and you’ll have the opportunity to learn from the changemakers in the industry. Our award-winning team is full of experts in the field of health communications, and they’re ready to install all their knowledge on the next person who joins their team.
If you have done any internships at an agency, or have experience in the health or science fields, then this role will be right up your alley. We’re looking for laser sharp individuals who are extremely detail oriented, as well as strong writers.
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo! Check us out at ICFNext.com!
We’re currently hiring for a Health Communication Specialist in our Rockville, MD location.
What you will be doing:
- Conducting daily media monitoring, producing a daily news report, and developing ad-hoc media analysis reports as needed.
- Conducting media research, maintaining contact lists and disseminating news announcements.
- Writing and editing materials and working with ICF Next’s Creative department to produce compelling and compliant designs and obtaining approvals.
- Supporting social media activities, which may include reporting, live events, and content research.
- Producing special project reports and contributing to weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Staffing client exhibits, which may include up to 25% travel and developing reports.
- Other strategic communications duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a communications, science, or health discipline.
- 1+ year of experience in strategic communications or marketing.
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational skills and ability to effectively interface with internal and external audiences.
- Strong project management skills for multiple tasks, detail and deadline-oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent health and scientific understanding and judgment.
- Knowledge of multimedia product development.
- Ability to think creatively and provide innovative solutions to clients’ communications challenges/problems.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment and thrive in meeting deadlines.
- Strong capability to work autonomously but also collaboratively as part of a team.
- Experience with NIH preferred.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)