Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF seeks an International Accountant to assist in our International Accounting department. This position is located at our headquarters in Fairfax, VA and will report to the Manager of Global Intercompany. The individual will be responsible for compliance according to US GAAP and international statutory reporting requirements, as well as compliance with USAID project requirements. The ideal candidate will have strong US GAAP knowledge, international accounting experience, strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities, and an ability to work independently and follow up on action items.
- Assist in the monthly close process for the international offices, including the review of financial reporting packages, preparation and recording of journal entries, and maintenance of foreign exchange.
- Ensure compliance with international accounting policies, procedures, and controls for international legal entities.
- Work with local accounting firms to ensure that transactions are accurately and timely recorded in the local financial statements as well as the financial statements of the parent company.
- Assist in the consolidation of international subsidiaries.
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations and review of reconciliations if prepared by local accounting staff at the international offices.
- Perform quarterly reconciliations of local statutory income statements to financial statements in core accounting system
- Assist in the preparation of foreign currency related items (CTA, FX gains/losses)
- Assist in the preparation of legal entity financial statements, including ad hoc monthly fluxes.
- Assist in the development and documentation of key accounting processes and controls for international offices.
- Assist with the annual audit of the consolidated financial statements and local statutory audit, when required.
- Provide support to our International Tax department such as preparation of trial balance and financial statements of international branches.
- Perform analysis of financial data from international entities, including review of balance sheet and income statement variance analysis.
- BA/BS in Accounting.
- 2+ years of experience with accounting and financial reporting.
- International accounting experience
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Proficiency in MS Word, Office, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with CostPoint and Cognos.
- Accounting experience in a multi-country-currency.
- Ability to write and document a process.
- Professional demeanor.
- Ability and willingness to meet business critical deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and be responsible to follow up on action items.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Strong understanding of internal controls and SOX compliance.
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff as well as outside clients and vendors.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)