Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Field Services Technician, Energy Efficiency- Atlanta, GA
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Field Inspection Specialist
To support our growth, we are currently seeking, Field Inspection Specialists, to join our Commercial Energy Efficiency Program team, located in Atlanta, GA. The selected candidate will coordinate quality assurance activities, which include but may not be limited to conducting field inspections, reviewing project plans and specifications, and conducting inspections at commercial facilities. In addition, the candidate will schedule and conduct inspections with participating customers and/or contractors, and assist with the development and implementation of QA/QC programs, plans and procedures.
This position requires experience with energy efficient lighting installations, HVAC systems, and other energy efficient technologies and practices associated with commercial building systems. Experience in the building trades is a plus. Prior experience or a strong interest in one or more of the following is a plus:
- Experience performing energy audits and energy savings calculations
- Lighting retrofit designs and assessment and installation
- Interacting with business owners, representatives and other key stakeholders
- Work as part of the energy efficiency team ensuring that the evaluation, implementation and verification of utility sponsored energy efficiency projects are successfully executed.
- Interface with customers and contractors participating in utility sponsored programs.
- Coordinate with or follow up on program quality control activities such as inspections and customer surveys as appropriate.
- Effectively communicate technical information to non-technical audience
- Keep and maintain detailed records and provide accurate information for program reports.
- Review technical specifications, engineering calculations and cost estimates for energy efficiency projects.
- Conduct lighting and other energy using equipment surveys to verify installation and operation of energy efficient equipment.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance on energy efficient technologies and practices to companies participating in utility-sponsored programs.
- BA degree or 3+ years of utility, energy efficiency or equivalent trade experience.
- Experience with one or more of the following: commercial, industrial, and government facility energy use including lighting, motors, HVAC systems and other electric systems and controls.
- Must have valid driver’s license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check, drug screening and background check.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities.
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Atlanta, GA (GA15)