Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Special Events and Exhibits Manager
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF Next delivers all the strategic communications and marketing services of a top-flight public relations agency, plus the domain expertise and resources of a leading international consulting firm. Our award-winning agency is growing.
This is an exciting role offering excellent opportunities for growth and the chance to work in a dynamic and collaborative organization. This position will be located at ICF Next’s Rockville office and will report to a senior manager in the health communications line of business. Up to 40% U.S. travel may be required.
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo!
We’re currently hiring for a Special Events and Exhibits Manager in our Rockville, MD location.
What you will be doing:
- Develop an annual exhibits strategy and proposed budget.
- Schedule and arrange for exhibit space, pay exhibit fees, procure exhibit services, coordinate set-up and take down of the display, and coordinate with the client’s warehouse to arrange for shipping and storage of materials of approximately 20 exhibits per year.
- Coordinate with multiple points of contact to gather content and coordinate materials and promotion of the client’s engagement at national conferences.
- Lead the logistics and promotion of special events including in-person symposia, trainings and workshops in Bethesda, Md. and webinars.
- Develop agendas in conjunction with the project manager and client, coordinate digital and web support, manage registration and attendance, oversee development of materials, coordinate with speakers and arrange audio visual, photography and videography services including webcasting.
- Managing exhibits and special events staffing.
- Managing exhibits and special events reporting.
- Assist with multimedia product development.
- Support weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual team reporting.
- Liaise with subcontracts, purchasing and finance departments.
- Attend internal client meetings and support the day-to-day implementation of communications needs for the client.
- Bachelor’s degree in a communications, science, or health discipline.
- 8+ years of experience in strategic communications and at least two years’ experience leading exhibits and/or special events for a scientific or public health organization.
- Experience with special events and exhibits management for a scientific research organization.
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational skills and ability to interface effectively with the client and share information with the off-site company team.
- Strong project management skills for multiple tasks, detail and deadline-oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent health and scientific understanding and judgment.
- Knowledge of multimedia product development.
- Ability to think creatively and provide innovative solutions to clients’ communications challenges/problems.
- Strong capability to work autonomously but also collaboratively as part of a team.
- Experience with NIH preferred.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)