Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Health Communications Manager
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF Next seeks an experienced Health Communications Manager to work across federal public health contracts supporting federal agencies in the public health space. As a Manager you will help lead the fight against one of the country’s primary healthcare epidemics- diabetes. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a team that is working on meaningful projects that are affecting lives every day.
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo! Learn more at ICFNext.com!
This is position is based at our Rockville, MD office. There will be minimal travel required with some opportunities to attend relevant conferences.
What you’ll get to do:
- Serve as lead or deputy project manager on key diabetes focused federal health projects, including national marketing campaigns, training materials, training for grantees, marketing and technical assistance for program implementation.
- Use your knowledge of the stages of behavior change together with social marketing strategies that influence behavior change. Lead the development of plans and innovations valued by the client and community served.
- Use your cultural competence in the development and delivery of strategies and materials
- Delivery and oversight of the successful completion of project work and deliverables. Simultaneously managing the project and owning key tasks to complete autonomously, with oversite and direction as/if needed, from the project manager.
- Support project manager in strategic communications planning, program development, digital communications, materials development, video production, media relations, campaign evaluation, and stakeholder outreach.
- Informally manage the project team, including assigning tasks, reviewing their work and providing feedback/comment, and conducting a final quality control prior to sending products to the client for review/approval.
- Work with our internal creative services team to write, edit, and graphic design of educational and promotional materials to support a range of communication efforts, including the development of audio/visual products. A high degree of competence in writing implementation and promotion materials is required.
- Coordinate formative research and evaluation activities.
- Provide administrative and logistics support across projects including managing project timelines, deliverables, and work plans, and reviewing meeting notes and monthly project reports.
- Implement communication strategies and tactics to reach and engage audiences to increase visibility of government data, resources, and materials.
What you’ll need for success:
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, health communication, public relations, social sciences, or equivalent required
- 8+ years of communications experience, government experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with federal health agencies, developing, and implementing public health communications campaigns
- Demonstrated track record of managing large ($1 M+) Federal contracts
- Experience in multicultural communication.
- Experience (3+ years) with diabetes prevention and management communication and program management required.
- Experience working as a Health Care Professional working with patients with diabetes or experience as a Health Educator supporting diabetes programs.
- Certification as a Certified Diabetes Educator is preferred.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and deadlines at once.
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational and management skills.
- Ability to think creatively and provide innovative solutions to clients’ communications challenges/problems.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)