Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Marketing and Outreach Specialist
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Are you passionate about communications and sustainability? Are you a strategic thinker? Do you enjoy developing and maintaining relations with media, stakeholders and diverse communities?
ICF Next is searching for a Marketing and Outreach Specialist who will play an integral role in helping our state and local transportation clients connect with partners, stakeholders and communities to promote and deliver integrated and smart mobility options.
We are looking for candidates who are proven writers, multi-format communicators and who are collaborators by nature. You’ll have experience implementing marketing plans and can demonstrate effective public speaking skills. If your experience includes work with state or local governments, or in the transportation or sustainability sectors, then you may be just who we're looking for!
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo! Learn more at ICFNext.com!
We’re currently hiring for a Marketing and Outreach Specialist in our Albany, NY location.
- Develop the full scope of communications products (presentations, overviews, program summaries, web copy, diagrams, illustrations, social media, etc.)
- Support the creation of high-impact communications artifacts (e.g. website content management, slide library, documents, blog postings)
- Collaborate with internal and external partners, including transportation and mobility experts, and industry thought leaders on marketing and communications materials
- Coordinate projects with internal creative and technical teams to ensure we meet deadlines and milestones
- Employ the full range of communications tools including digital, social, and print
- Proactively drive projects from conception to completion, working closely with the client and client team
- Build strong working relationships with agency leaders, businesses and stakeholders through face to face meetings and events
- Execute strategic marketing campaigns, collaborating with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, including conducting outreach both in person and digitally
- Support performance evaluation through analytics tools and reporting
- Support the execution of a consistent brand messaging strategy that is reflected across all program products and services
Basic Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree required
- 2-3 years’ experience in marketing, external affairs or public affairs, either in an agency or working within a communications department of an organization
- Ability to manage and prioritize a diverse workload to accomplish tasks on defined timelines and in a fast-paced environment
- Experience orchestrating the development of marketing collateral (print and online)
- Experience with digital tools and various marketing platforms (e.g. e-mail and social)
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and successfully across a diverse team with different skillsets and experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences and stakeholders, exhibiting courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude
- Ability to actively support media relations, partner agency relationships, and relations with other important constituencies
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Experience in transportation demand management, sustainability, behavior change or related field
- Experience within state and local sectors
- Experience using marketing analytics platforms such as Google Analytics
- Public speaking experience
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Albany, NY (NY12)