Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Home Energy Assessor
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Home Energy Assessor
Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking a Home Energy Assessor to assist in the implementation of utility sponsored energy efficiency programs. The Assessor will conduct a comprehensive residential home energy assessments in accordance with utility program standards. They will educate homeowners about how to make their homes more energy efficient, comfortable and assist them in taking the next steps to upgrade their home. Job responsibilities include field visits to conduct site walk-throughs, collect information on the home appliances, HVAC equipment, insulation and direct installation of energy efficiency products LED’s, smart power strips, high efficiency showerheads and aerators into single-family residences and manufactured homes. The assessor will provide recommendations for assisting the customer take the next steps to upgrade their home.
- Conduct home energy assessments in residential homes, entering attics, basements and crawl spaces.
- Install instant savings measures such as LED’s, showerheads and other energy savings devices.
- Complete detailed and accurate data collection and measurements and enter the data in the utility computer program. Reports should accurately describe activities in the field and assist in monitoring progress towards program goals on customer participation and the completion of eligible projects.
- Interact with homeowners and tenants, answering questions regarding energy efficiency and recommend next steps.
- Promote and encourage adoption of energy saving measures recommended in the home energy assessment.
- Provide or refer customers to technical, administrative and financial assistance.
- Contribute to the evolution of program strategies and the design of program features and services.
- Contribute to the deployment of program marketing and outreach campaigns.
- Coordinate with or follow up on program Quality Assurance activities such as field inspections and customer surveys, as appropriate.
- Provide information to customers on available incentives and additional resources.
- Prepare summary reports identifying opportunities found during visit.
- Perform introductory tablet energy audit in a timely and efficient manner.
- Investigate main drivers of energy consumption in a given home.
- Troubleshoot comfort issues within the home.
- Attend community events such home and trade shows promoting and registering homeowners for the utility program.
- Experience with energy audits
- Experience promoting energy efficiency residential sectors
- Demonstrated selling skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Professional appearance
- Excellent driving record and reliable transportation
- Able to lift boxes no heavier than 30 pounds, climbing stairs and ladders, driving, walking, standing, installing light bulbs and showerheads, above head arm movements
- Must pass drug testing.
- High School Diploma + 3 years related work experience, or Bachelor’s degree + 1 year related work experience
- Certified RESNET HERS Rater, HESP or equivalent experience
- BPI certified Building Analyst
- Experience with energy modeling software
- Understanding of building science applications or construction background
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Outstanding analytical, writing, and communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience with the home improvement market in New Mexico (direct experience in production, administration or sales, or experience working with home improvement industry at a utility, public agency or non-governmental organization)
- Knowledge of residential energy-efficient and renewable technologies
- Customer service experience
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
New Mexico Remote Office (NM99)