Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Transportation Marketing Manager
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Here’s your chance to join our award winning agency, ICF Next. We’re changemakers, a community of mission driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists. We’re searching for our next marketing manager who can take charge and spearhead our development within the transportation industry. You’ll make a real impact and will have the ability to address and solve key issues that we’re experiencing within the transportation sector. As our next marketing manager, you’ll work in lock step with account team leaders and our Federal, state and local clients to research, plan, develop, and implement innovative strategies and programs revolving around transportation that help them reach their mission.
You’ll have Federal, state and local communications experience and are passionate and knowledgeable about pressing issues like community improvement and transportation infrastructure. If you have prior experience growing existing government programs we'd love to talk to you. If that experience includes federal transportation than you just may be who we're looking for! Position is based in the D.C. Metro area. Minimal travel is required.
- Manage a portfolio of transportation clients, including Federal, state and local efforts.
- Support business development opportunities to grow ICF’s business in transportation marketing
- Oversee a team of strategists, writers, graphic designers, production artists, digital specialists, event planners, and outreach experts to support our transportation clients.
- Develop and/or oversee client activities including:
- Strategic communication and marketing plans
- Communication product development, such as newsletters, fact sheets, and Web content
- Web site content management and e-newsletter development
- Social media outreach planning and content development
- Tracking and reporting on campaign metrics
- Tracking multiple deliverable on deadlines using Microsoft Project, Excel spreadsheets, SharePoint, and other tools
- Contribute to development of marketing plans and strategies
- Developing briefings, presentations, and other communications tools
- Bachelor's degree required in marketing, communications, or related field
- 10+ years of professional marketing communications experience within the Federal, state or local government
- Demonstrated client relationship skills working in a dynamic client environment
- Strong team orientation with a focus on collaboration in a marketing environment
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of traditional and social media environments
- Knowledge of Federal, state, and/or local transportation issues and demands
- High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities
- Willingness to travel as needed
- Preferred experience in using data queries, including Census data, to shape marketing communications strategies
- Preferred experience using content management systems (CMS) and email management systems
- Interest in growth and business development opportunities
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Responsive and open to feedback
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude
- Creative thinker with innovative approach to problem solving
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Knowledge of marketing analytics platforms such as Google Analytics
- Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)