Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Public Assistance Subject Matter Experts - FEMA
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is looking for a team of Public Assistance Leads to serve as a Subject Matter Experts (SME) for our Public Assistance Division and manage, organize and set priorities on specific projects. You will serve as the primary adviser to the Project Formulation Division Manager, assisting with PA Program delivery, project worksheet development and operational details. You will have oversight to ensure quality, completeness and on-time delivery of assigned tasks. Monitor workloads, leads and job assignments. Track key metrics.
These are full-time benefits-eligible positions located in Puerto Rico. Join our team of experts!
• Demonstrated experience with Federal and State Recovery Programs and Initiatives, Public Assistance and its implementing regulations
• Knowledge and skill in applying analytical and evaluative techniques to the identification, consideration, and resolution of a wide variety of grants administration issues and problems
• Significant experience addressing strategic issues in disaster recovery operations including issues that have complex political and programmatic elements
• Significant experience addressing FEMA Public Assistance policy and guidance technical issues in regard to current law and regulations.
• Coordinate and participate in resolution of project related issues and concerns.
• Optimize procedures and maintain communication and focus.
• Maintain and track each case as required from PA Liaisons in project report management information system.
• Measure performance with key metrics.
• Keep management team informed on issues, problems & resolutions.• Superior customer service skill set, ability to listen, facilitate and negotiate problems.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field. Master’s preferred.
• Strong analytical skills
• 5+ years of experience as a FEMA, State or Local Public Assistance Subject Matter Expert
• Previous Disaster Recovery Work (should have worked on more than 1 disaster)
• Strong organization skills required• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Puerto Rico (PR01)