Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Writer/Health Information Specialist
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
As a Writer/Health Information Specialist, you will be supporting the entire AIDSinfo project. You will be responsible for creating and maintaining ClinicalTrials.gov study records; responding to telephone and email inquiries from the public about HIV-related topics; and writing, editing, and QCing HIV-related drug fact sheets. You will also be responsible for populating content on the website and performing quality assurance tasks.
- Create and maintain ClinicalTrials.gov study records
- Review weekly reports and update ClinicalTrials.gov study records based on the reports
- Communicate with researchers and assist with ClinicalTrials.gov-related requests
- Respond to telephone calls and email inquiries from the public on a variety of HIV-related topics
- Write, edit, and QC HIV-related drug fact sheets
- Populate and update website content using a content management system (CMS)
- Track, analyze, and report website usage statistics for the AIDSinfo website using web analytics tools
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 2 years of demonstrated experience in managing and organizing multiple projects with minimal supervision
- At least 2 years of experience in writing, editing, or proofreading, as well as attention to detail and accuracy in all written communication
- Experience using a content management system (CMS)
- Ability and willingness to learn new computer software applications as necessary
- High level of organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and adjust to shifting work priorities
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work well under strict deadlines and high production requirements
- Ability to work as part of a team and support other team members
- Background in science or health preferred
- Master’s degree in science or health-related field
- Experience working in clinical research or clinical trials
- Experience interacting with technical stakeholders, including researchers, scientists, and physicians, in a professional capacity
- Experience using Google Analytics
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting and technology services provider with more than 5,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. We are business analysts, policy specialists, technologists, researchers, digital strategists, social scientists and creatives. Since 1969, government and commercial clients have worked with ICF to overcome their toughest challenges on issues that matter profoundly to their success. Come engage with us at icf.com.
Rockville, MD (MD18)