Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is seeking experienced onsite writer-editors with expertise in forensics, life, physical sciences, or social and behavioral sciences.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Translate complex materials into plain language.
- Understand sophisticated scientific methods and the application of science to law enforcement
- Write about the implications of the science for professionals who work in law enforcement or elected officials who make policies that affect criminal justice.
- The writer-editor, for example, must be able to use plain language to describe scientific findings that are published in peer-reviewed academic journals because the methods and implications of the findings must
- be conveyed to executive-level leaders who may not have science backgrounds. The writer-editor will work closely with NIJ subject matter experts, including federal and contract staff. This will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Attending staff meetings.
- Interviewing subject matter experts.
- Working closely with subject matter experts drafting, reviewing, and revising content.
- Attending agency workshops and presentations.
- The writer-editors will be provided work-space at the government facility and will work onsite at least part-time as necessary to accomplish the assigned tasks.
- Five years of directly relevant work experience writing and editing publications and various documents.
- Excellent writing skills required and knowledge of style guidelines.
We are looking for a driven changemaker – an individual who:
- Exhibits excellent client and customer facing skills.
- Has strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- A problem-solver, who’s highly organized with the ability to juggle multiple priorities and deadlines at once.
- Preferably has experience working with or for government clients
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)