Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Software Applications Engineer (Integrations)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
This position will manage all data integration activities between systems across the ICF enterprise and with external service providers. A successful candidate will provide technical expertise in developing integration solutions that efficiently transfer and transform data as necessary to meet business objectives. This is a position within the Corporate IT team and requires excellent organizational skills and the ability to collaborate effectively across all levels of the organization. The role can be based in Fairfax, VA, or work remotely outside of the area.
- Utilize Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) design principles and common integration design patterns to gather requirements and design integrations between systems.
- Develop integrations using web services, stored procedures, PowerShell, C#, or other appropriate technologies.
- Develop data manipulation scripts using various scripting languages such as PowerShell, T-SQL, and PL/SQL.
- Collaborate with team and gain consensus on standards and design integration strategies.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve data integration and integrity related technical issues.
- Tune and monitor integration scripts and packages.
- Manage interfaces and automated jobs to ensure efficiency and lead effort to migrate interfaces to current technologies.
- Produce well-structured integration documentation to include narrative discussion on business process, data flow diagrams, data elements table, code with summary of main functions and control flow.
- Design, develop, and implement comprehensive test and evaluation plans to ensure integrations perform efficiently and meet full requirements.
- Partner with business users to provide guidance and support as necessary to help drive best practices to meet their integration needs.
- Lead requirements gathering, design, validation, configuration, implementation, testing, and debugging of solutions.
- Define customer acceptance criteria.
- Confidently present possible solutions to audiences of various sizes and technical knowledge levels weighing pros and cons.
- Work with the Information Security team to ensure security standards are included, applied and maintained across all product sets within the domain.
- Advocate change control and issue resolution processes, formal release schedules, and release management processes.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent technical field required
- 5+ years hands-on experience developing and implementing integration solutions
- Advanced experience in systems integrations using Web Services and other Web APIs.
- Extensive experience working with SQL, Stored Procedures, data extraction, data transformation and data loading
- Must have experience with PowerShell, XML, and SOAP/REST, C#
- Experience with Postman, SoapUI, OAuth
- Experience in Agile environment - Must be able to learn and apply new technologies quickly and work within a dynamic work environment
- Data integration experience with business systems such as Costpoint, Workday, Dynamics and Hyperion.
- Experience with Visual Studio, TFS or VSO
- Working knowledge of related technologies such as: SQL Server, Internet Information Server and Active Directory, Microsoft Azure, or Azure AD
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Work well independently as well as part of a team
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-starter with ability to work efficiently with minimal direction or guidance
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)