Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF’s Information Insights (I2) team is comprised of experienced professionals with the skills required to unlock the power of governed data discovery. Our staff provides deep technical and business support for data acquisition, data analysis/data science, and interactive data visualizations. And with those skills, our team enables our clients to extract greater value from raw datasets that are varied in their composition, are growing at ever increasing rates, and can no longer be properly supported through legacy business intelligence and data visualization platforms. At its core, I2 helps our clients visualize their data in new and more informative ways than ever before by leveraging the latest in open source and commercial off the shelf technology stacks.
To support our growth, we’re seeking a Data Engineer who will extract, transform, and load (ETL) processing routines and data feeds to transmit data to and from clients and subcontractors; create necessary data structures or data models to support data at all stages; and design and implement custom data analytic and BI/reporting products. The individual will work within a dynamic and fast paced environment to implement these solutions.
- Perform extensive data profiling and analysis based on the client’s data
- Work with UI teams and/or client to define BI and reporting requirements
- Developer custom reports and data visualization products
- Support project delivery on Data Warehouse/BI projects for external and internal clients, including partnering with ICF subject matter experts on project execution
- US Citizen
- Bachelor’s degree (e.g., Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline)
- 4+ years’ experience developing database ETL environments with business intelligence applications such as Talend, Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Informatica
- 4+ years’ experience in SQL and procedural programming
- Understand ETL concepts of data flow, data enrichment, data consolidation, change data capture and transformation
- Understand database concepts of referential integrity, indexes and keys and table metadata
- 1+ years of experience working with databases and BI tools such as Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (including its ad hoc reporting tool), OBIEE, Tableau, PowerBI etc
- Demonstrated experience showing strong critical thinking and problem solving skills paired with a desire to take initiative
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- Proficient with data warehouse design and development and big data systems
- Proficient with one or more programming languages such as Java or Python
- Relevant MS or certification in relational database management system (RDMS)
- Knowledge of Big Data integration tools such as Sqoop, Storm, and NIFI, Kafka a plus
- Knowledge of DevOps tools like Jenkins/Git to assist development process
- Familiarity with agile development process
- Excellent listening, written, and oral communication skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Ability to exercise independent judgment while effectively prioritizing and executing tasks while under pressure
- Builds and maintains relationships with users to ensure buy-in and adoption of processes and solutions
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Pay Transparency Statement: For more information, please click here: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Fairfax, VA (VA01)