Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Network Operations (NetOps) Monitoring Engineer
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Join our team of cyber pioneers with expertise and decades of experience defending and protecting some of the nation’s most valuable resources—ICF. Through implementation of effective Cybersecurity solutions, ICF supports security awareness, readiness, resilience and response to cyber incidents. Our extensive customer base has benefited from the leading-edge work our security engineers and data scientists perform in maintaining and advancing situational awareness of the current cyber threat landscape.
The NetOps Monitoring Engineer is responsible for monitoring client networks for network security, status, and health in a 24 X 7 X 365 environment. Also responsible for reviewing events and alerts on a near real time basis, taking the appropriate response actions and being able to determine the proper fault isolation and identify the necessary corrective action(s). NetOps Monitoring Engineer will work closely with infrastructure engineers, information assurance engineers, and system administrators to ensure the security and availability of the network.
This role is based in Atlanta (Smyrna), GA and relocation assistance is available.
- Constant monitoring, analysis, and response to network and security events.
- Creation of technically detailed reports based on network events and alerts.
- Analyze and evaluate anomalous network and system activity.
- Assist in troubleshooting and problem solving a wide variety of client issues.
- Candidate must be able to obtain, and maintain, the proper clearance required for this position
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.
- Must have a current DOD 8570 security certification: Security+ CE (Continuing Education) is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of network operations experience.
- Experience in the following technologies: Network/Server Monitoring, Network/Server Trend Analysis tools, Router/Switch management tools and Firewall management tools.
- Experience in performing network and service monitoring at an enterprise level.
- Experience in network and security operations.
- Ability to demonstrate strong knowledge of computer security concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to document processes and procedures.
- Initiative and a personal interest in Information Technology Security.
- People skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with various clients with the ability to explain and elaborate on technical details.
- Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT) and Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certifications.
- Prior Network Operations Center (NOC) experience and Security Operations Center (SOC) experience.
- Prior experience with network monitoring tools such as Solarwinds, Spectrum, eHealth, or SpiceWorks.
- Prior experience managing network devices such as servers, routers, switches, or firewalls.
- Knowledge of network analysis tools such as NetFlow, TCPDUMP, and Wireshark.
- An understanding of DOD information assurance policy and regulations.
- Professional Skills/Required Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent problem solving skills.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Georgia Client Office (GA88)