Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Marketing and Communications Strategist
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Here’s your chance to join our award-winning agency, ICF Next. We’re changemakers, a community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists. We’re searching for our next marketing communications strategist – a proven communicator with experience in creating and developing communications strategies and multi-media content to work on-site at a Federal agency. You will make a difference with this client working to address and solve key issues, drive change, and enhance the customer journey.
You’ll have Federal government experience and not only be able to plan, but you are able to also get into the work to help build and execute. This position requires you to roll up your sleeves and be involved in many different aspects of the client’s overall communications strategy and execution. You will be able to tell our client’s story on different platforms to various audiences and keep the customer engaged and interested. If you are a strong content creator, are an excellent writer and the ultimate team player, then you just may be who we are looking for!
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo! Learn more at ICFNext.com!
Position is based part time on-site at the Federal agency in Washington, DC and is metro accessible. Other time is ICF office (and could be FFX or Rockville).
- Develop and execute, in conjunction with the client, the agency’s communications strategy
- Create and disseminate multi-media content that tells the client’s story
- Work with a team of writers to develop messaging that resonates with target audiences
- Coordinate internal communication activities between various stakeholders, including seeking and managing feedback from Advisory boards and working groups. This could include presenting messaging to stakeholders and soliciting input/buy-in on communication/marketing products
- Coordinate external communications activities to distribute products and materials via partnerships/stakeholder engagement, website, social media, and more
- Develop strategies to gain buy-in and drive awareness among key stakeholders
- Analyze customer patterns and information consumption; update communications strategy to enhance customer experience as necessary
- Develop internal talking points around the communications strategy; create communications materials and briefings for client, as requested
- Be a trusted resource for the client and seamlessly interact and engage on-site with the client’s team
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, English, or a related field
- 10+ years’ experience in marketing, either in an agency or working within a communications department of an organization
- Experience with/understanding of Federal agencies and government; understand change management within this type of organization
- A focus on service, responsiveness, and superior client service
- Experience working collaboratively with a creative department to conceive, create, and deliver outstanding creative communications products
- Ability to secure Public Trust government clearance
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Responsive and open to feedback
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Creative thinker with innovative approach to problem solving
- Self-starter with the willingness to take initiative and see opportunities ahead
- Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
DC Client Office (DC88)