Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Tax analyst (EMEA Tax)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Job Title Tax Analyst (EMEA Tax)
Location Brussels or London
About the team
Behind every great company is a strong corporate team. At ICF, we have one, but we’re growing and so are our needs. We’re seeking dynamic talent to help support our continually expanding organization. This expansion has led to the creation of a new role that will be based in either UK or Belgium. The candidate will be part of the International Corporate Tax Team (which is mainly based out of US and UK), with direct reporting line to the Europe & Asia (‘E&A’) Director (London Office). Depending on location of the candidate, may also have a dotted line to the Belgium Controller.
Given the dynamic of the dual reporting, the candidate will need to be a self-starter, with ability to work autonomously and with minimal supervision, as well as good understanding of local commercial operations, help maintain and strengthen the relationship between tax, accounting and operations teams.
About the role
ICF operates in multiple jurisdictions across the world and currently has presence in several European countries, including UK and Belgium. The ideal candidate should have good understanding of International tax, exposure to more than one tax regimes in Europe, and solid US GAAP reporting experience to meet quarterly tax compliance/provisioning needs.
International Tax – E&A support
Conducting research on International Tax treaties between UK/E&A regions and other countries, determining the lowest Tax withholding rate, PE threshold, transactional taxes and any other Indirect Taxes applicable in the country.
Permanent Establishment Reporting and Monitoring
Assist Tax Director with Permanent Establishment (PE) monitoring (including calendar monitoring of Consultants working in foreign jurisdiction).
M&A, Corporate Restructuring and Entity Rationalisations
Assist Tax Director on ad-hoc projects and carry out relevant research such as:
- Acquisitions and business transfers
- Tax registration in a new foreign jurisdiction
- Entities rationalization, mergers, deregistrations and office closures
- Other business restructuring and evaluation of tax impacts
- Dividend repatriation
- Intercompany balance clean-up / offset implications, assignment, waiver, etc.
General compliance activities e.g. Transfer Pricing/Return to Provision/Reconciliation, etc.
- Preparation of annual Return to Provision reconciliation for all E&A entities. Quarterly
- Preparation of Transfer Pricing calculations for all ICF Entities within E&A together with the associated quarterly tax provision based on approved transfer pricing adjustment. Quarterly
- Assist US Tax/ external resource (Thompson Reuters) relating to Transfer Pricing study for E&A entities, when required.
- Review Tax pack for all of the UK entities in conjunction with Tax notes during Audit process.- Annual end of Sept/Oct.
- Assist with completion of annual FORM 42 Share scheme Reporting to HMRC. Annual (May/June)
- Preparation of annual STBV (Short Term Business Visitors) Report to HMRC. Monitoring of STBV for UK offices every 2 months- report provided by UK office Manager. Annual submission to HMRC: April- deadline: 31 May.
- Assist with DAC6 reportable cross-border arrangements disclosures for European entities. Annual (Jul/Aug)
- Preparation of Corporation tax instalment payment schedules across E&A. Quarterly
- Reconciliation of Tax P&L Effective Tax Rate and Tax Balance Sheet accounts (CIT, WHT) including local statutory to US GAAP tax reconciliations. Quarterly
Domestic (UK & EMEA Tax Support) – region currently have established entities in Belgium, UK
- Assess Brexit implications for the UK and European businesses given new guidance and laws are being enacted on continuous basis.
- Review of WHT Returns for EMEA entities where relevant.
- Review of VAT Returns and address ad hoc questions on VAT, indirect tax returns, local compliance needs, for EMEA entities, etc.
- Review of Corporation Tax Returns for EMEA entities. Annually.
- Review of Quarterly CIT Payment instalments for EMEA entities. Quarterly
- Assist with internal audit and SOX compliance activities for EMEA entities
- A minimum of 3 years corporate tax and international tax experience. Ideally Big 4 firm experience looking for their first move in-house.
- The ideal candidate must be confident, organised, accurate and calm under pressure/deadlines.
- The successful candidate will need to be able to plan, prioritise, communicate and manage workload effectively under the guidance of the team leader.
- For this post in return, we will provide the successful candidate with the support and training to enable your personal development and help attain crucial experience in a professional organisation. We will provide an environment where your intellectual and practical abilities are enhanced in a positive and challenging way.
Ready to apply?
Interested candidates are invited to follow the link and submit a cover letter and a CV.
ICF is a privacy conscious organisation and your trust is paramount to us. Find out here how we use and protect your data.
Marnix - Brussels (BE75)