Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Tax analyst (Belgium and EMEA Tax)
About the team
Behind every great company is a strong corporate team. At ICF, we have one, but we’re growing and so are our needs. We’re seeking dynamic talent to help support our continually expanding organization. This expansion has led to the creation of a new role that will be based in either UK or Belgium. The candidate will be part of the International Corporate Tax Team (which is mainly based out of US and UK), with direct reporting line to the Europe & Asia (‘E&A’) Director (London Office). Depending on location of the candidate, may also have a dotted line to the Belgium Controller.
Given the dynamic of the dual reporting, the candidate will need to be a self-starter, with ability to work autonomously and with minimal supervision, as well as good understanding of local commercial operations, help maintain and strengthen the relationship between tax, accounting and operations teams.
About the role
ICF operates in multiple jurisdictions across the world and currently has presence in several European countries, including UK and Belgium. The ideal candidate should have good understanding of International tax, exposure to more than one tax regimes in Europe, and solid US GAAP reporting experience to meet quarterly tax compliance/provisioning needs.
Belgium Tax & E&A International Tax support
Domestic (Belgium Tax) – region currently have established entities in Belgium, UK
- Prepare Corporate income tax return for Belgium
- Assist with review of Corporation Tax Returns for other EMEA entities Annually
- Review of Quarterly Corporate Income Tax Payment instalments for Belgium /EMEA entities. Quarterly
- Assist with internal audit and SOX compliance activities for EMEA entities
- Review of Withholding Returns for Belgium / EMEA entities where relevant
- Review of VAT Returns and address ad hoc questions on VAT, indirect tax returns, local compliance needs, for EMEA entities, etc.
- Assess Brexit implications for the UK and European businesses given new guidance and laws are being enacted on continuous basis
- Ability to research and provide ad hoc advise advice to the business on Belgium tax matters
Permanent Establishment Reporting and Monitoring
- Assist Tax Director with Permanent Establishment (PE) monitoring (including calendar monitoring of Consultants working in foreign jurisdiction)
Assist with BIDs support
- The role will require ability to learn to conducting research on International Tax treaties between UK/E&A regions and other countries, determining the lowest Tax withholding rate, PE threshold, transactional taxes and any other Indirect Taxes applicable in the country.
General compliance activities e.g. Transfer Pricing/Return to Provision/Reconciliation, etc.
- Preparation of annual Return to Provision reconciliation for all E&A entities Quarterly
- Preparation of Transfer Pricing calculations for all ICF Entities within E&A together with the associated quarterly tax provision based on approved transfer pricing adjustment. Quarterly
- Assist US Tax/ external resource (Thompson Reuters) relating to Transfer Pricing study for E&A entities, when required
- Completing Tax pack for all of the UK entities in conjunction with Tax notes during Audit process. Twice a year (during FRS 102 process- April) and final (HMRC submission)- end of Sept/Oct
- Assist with completion of annual FORM 42 Share scheme Reporting to HMRC. Annual (May/June)
- Preparation of annual STBV (Short Term Business Visitors) Report to HMRC. Monitoring of STBV for UK offices every 2 months- report provided by UK office Manager. Annual submission to HMRC: April- deadline: 31 May
- Assist with DAC6 reportable cross-border arrangements disclosures for European entities. Annual (Jul/Aug)
- Preparation of Corporation tax instalment payment schedules across E&A. Quarterly
- Reconciliation of Tax P&L Effective Tax Rate and Tax Balance Sheet accounts (CIT, WHT) including local statutory to US GAAP tax reconciliations. Quarterly
- Must have minimal 2-3 years of Belgium corporate tax experience
- Candidate should ideally have worked in a large organisation or accounting firm
- Beneficial to have exposure to international tax and US reporting
ICF is a privacy conscious organisation and your trust is paramount to us. Find out here how we use and protect your data.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Brussels, Belgium (BE75)