Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Buildings Civil Engineer
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF seeks a Building Civil Engineer to support Disaster Recovery efforts in Puerto Rico.
Primary role is to support the Cost Estimators with any questions to create scope of work, review codes, and determine cost for case. Support other project teams and sub-recipients as needed. This position is specifically for scope and cost estimation. No design and architectural drawings are necessary. This position is located in Puerto Rico.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Review required forms and photographs to determined necessary scope of work.
• Coordinate with other technical specialists and project team to ensure they have all documentation.
• Optimize procedures and maintain communication and focus.
• Maintain, track cases assigned and provide input where necessary in the data management information system.
• Review project work sheets prepared by FEMA.
• Review cost estimates prepared by FEMA.
• Keep Task Force and Project Leads informed on issues, problems & resolutions.• Excellent customer service skill set, ability to listen and facilitate work to cost estimate.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Bachelor's in Civil Engineer
• Experience in sector or prior management experience is preferred.
• Prior experience FEMA preferred.
• Strong organization skills required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.• Bi- Lingual English and Spanish
Preferred Skills:• Knowledge of smartphone apps, MS Office, Data Information System & Time Management Skills.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Puerto Rico (PR02)