Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Social and Digital Media Specialist
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Social and Digital Media Specialist
Fairfax, VA Headquarters
Do you thrive on creativity? Are you a wiz at translating complex content into digestible, social-friendly bites? Love taking social trends and applying them to work that truly matters? Join us and put your skills to work as our Social and Digital Media Specialist.
We’re looking for a talented social media star (and metrics geek!) to join our corporate marketing team. In this role, you’ll partner with our incredible teammates and clients to raise awareness of our world-changing work: from addressing critical public health issues, to shaping the future of energy, to supporting major consumer-facing brands. We want you to level up our social media and digital marketing program by engaging existing clients, prospective clients, industry thought leaders and employees in sharing our stories.
While your primary focus will be creating compelling, dynamic content for our social media channels, you’ll also monitor and decipher metrics to build a path forward for our broader digital marketing program. You’ll build relationships with our internal and external stakeholders to support lead generation, increase brand awareness and engagement, and foster meaningful impact across our channels.
- Manage our proactive social media editorial calendar: Uncover stories about our work, people and expertise to drive conversations across channels.
- Develop social media and digital marketing campaigns for our core markets: Beyond ongoing social media editorial efforts, you’ll explore ways we can creatively promote our capabilities and our brand through digital channels.
- Support our growing employee brand ambassador program: Help empower our employees to be the best brand champions for ICF through training as well as a formal brand ambassador platform.
- Monitor social media trends and news: Find opportunities for us to join existing conversations in an authentic, engaging way.
- Track and report on metrics: Set and execute on a set of key performance metrics and use that data to inform content decisions across digital channels.
- Optimize our channel strategy: Research and implement tactics to best understand and reach our audience with the information they need. Identify ways we can leverage our channels in new and different ways to cut through the digital noise.
- Teach us something new! We want you to help us capitalize on the latest trends and insights out there.
- Enhance our training resources and capabilities: Demonstrate to others how to engage on social media and the web effectively and professionally through resources and training.
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations or related field.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a corporate communications or agency role.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Deep understanding of social media trends and capabilities.
- Strong knowledge of grammar and AP style
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to think creatively and write for different audiences
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Strong motivation and curiosity to learn and understand new concepts and markets.
Preferred skills and experience:
- Experience working with platforms like Sprinklr (social media content management), Sitecore (web content management), and Marketo (email automation).
- Experience working with complex and technical industries
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting services company with over 5,000 specialized experts, but we are not your typical consultants. At ICF, business analysts and policy specialists work together with digital strategists, data scientists and creatives. We combine unmatched industry expertise with cutting-edge engagement capabilities to help organizations solve their most complex challenges. Since 1969, public and private sector clients have worked with ICF to navigate change and shape the future. Learn more at icf.com.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)