Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
SQL and SSRS Developer
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
SQL and SSRS Developer
Job Description: We’re looking for a SQL and SSRS Developer, someone who thrives on large datasets and wants to spend their workdays creating a wide variety of reports. Your analyses will be shared with both internal and external energy clients and will be key for further team growth. And best of all, the data nuggets you uncover will help those same clients better understand their business and offer up opportunities for improvement.
You may be required to participate in periodic drug testing and background checks.
What you’ll be doing:
• Design, develop, revise and maintain a wide variety of custom SSRS reports to support our business (e.g., dashboards, scorecards, custom extracts).
• Help support the Business Analysts by reviewing their requirements to ensure they can be translated into report designs.
• Provide quick turnaround analytic support, including managing multiple tasks, to a wide variety of business owners who have rapidly evolving client demands.
• Maintain data integrity across a wide variety of Energy Efficiency programs, including troubleshooting data quality issues and communicating their impacts.
• Help the larger team define and implement best practices to improve processes and outputs.
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field (e.g., Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline)
• 5+ years of experience working with databases, data warehouses, and BI tools such as Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (2008 R2 or higher)
• 5+ years of experience working with SQL Server (e.g., Procedures, Views, Functions)
• Strong demonstrated analytic techniques, including demonstrated ability to perform query tuning Preferred Skills/Experience:
• Exposure to the utility, energy, and/or energy efficiency sectors a plus
• Experience with Report Models - Semantic modeling language (SMDL)
• Experience with SSIS/DTS packages and SSAS Tabular/Cubes
• Experience with current data presentment tools (e.g., Tableau, Power BI)
• Excellent listening, written, and oral communication skills paired with an excellent sense of humor
• Ability to exercise independent judgment while effectively prioritizing and executing tasks while under pressure
• Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)