Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Account Supervisor-Corporate Affairs
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We’re currently hiring for an Account Supervisor-Corporate Affairs, in our Chicago office.
As an Account Supervisor, you will:
- Serve as main day-to-day client contact across multiple corporate affairs projects and accounts
- Build strong, trusted client relationships through understanding of their business and business challenges
- Manage and motivate teams, overseeing quality of ideas, execution and client service
- Provide strategic guidance to clients and teams, including anticipating and addressing opportunities and challenges, and remaining solutions-oriented at all times
- Set and execute earned business media strategies, including developing plans and thought leadership platforms, securing coverage, creating measurement guidelines and being accountable for results
- Must-have strong business media contacts and relevant experience
- Demonstrate an ability to identify and evaluate news trends and find ways to tie them to our clients’ business
- Evaluate and manage repetitional issues and crises impacting our clients, including developing proactive strategies and training, overseeing issues monitoring and reporting, scenario planning and providing real-time counsel to clients, as needed
- Collaborate with internal partners, including but not limited to design, creative, strategy, paid media, social media and analytics; use understanding of clients’ business to determine the right people and skillsets to creatively solve problems
- Show tenacious problem-solving skills and a curiosity for what’s possible from a media relations standpoint always thinking of new ways to break through while meeting client’s marketing challenges
- Be a cultural contributor, fostering knowledge-sharing, partnership and collaboration with teams across the agency
- Support with new business opportunities as needed
- Adapt to ever-changing workload priorities and a changing media and business landscape
As an Account Supervisor, you will have:
- A bachelor degree, preferably in journalism, public relations or communications
- 7+ years of experience or relevant work experience at a PR Agency, communications/marketing team or working as a journalist at a media entity
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Leadership instincts and the ability to identify and elevate great work from junior team members
- The ability to motivate, empower and unite junior team members, and effectively manage conflicts
- Proven ability to work both independently and as part of a team and collaborate regularly with team members at all levels
- Ability to oversee and manage third-party partners, from talent to event vendors
- Ability to travel as required
Job Location(s): Chicago
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity).
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Chicago, IL (IL12)