Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Energy Efficiency Analyst- Cambridge, MA
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Energy Efficiency Analyst
We are currently seeking an Energy Analyst to join our Northeast Energy Efficiency team to provide critical program support and technical field services for Massachusetts based energy efficiency programs.
- Work alongside the Technical team and Program Manager to provide ongoing support to partner HERS Raters and Verifiers
- Perform energy modeling on various residential new construction and renovation projects ensuring that the evaluation, implementation and verification of utility sponsored energy efficiency projects are successfully executed.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance on energy efficient technologies and practices to builders, developers, architects, engineers, contractors and other trade allies participating in utility-sponsored new construction programs. Must be able to effectively communicate to both technical trade allies and non-technical audiences.
- Build and maintain relationships with key market actors in the home improvement industry including architects, engineers, contractors, energy raters/consultants, home inspectors, public officials, public interest groups and customers.
- Maintain strong ongoing communications with participating contractors and consultants in order to assess their needs and to receive feedback on their experience with the program.
- Contribute to the evolution of program strategies and the design of program features, services, and marketing campaigns.
- Conduct market ally outreach and training as needed.
- Assess residential grade whole building efficiency strategies, building plans and specifications, and make recommendations for energy efficiency upgrades or improvements.
- Prepare status reports to accurately describe activities in the field and to monitor progress towards program goals on contractor/consultant participation and the completion of eligible projects.
- Coordinate with or follow up on program Quality Assurance activities such as inspections and customer surveys, as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree (Energy, Building Science, Construction Management, Engineering) or related trade experience.
- 1 + years of related experience with energy efficiency
- Ability to read and interpret controlled construction documents
- Experience with energy modeling platforms
- Public speaking experience
1-3 years of experience in one or more of the following areas:
- HERS, BPI, LEED or CEM credentials
- Working on successful energy efficiency programs, with specific expertise in energy modeling, energy efficiency technologies and products, and residential energy issues in both existing buildings and new construction
- Building and maintaining relationships with key market actors in the residential construction industry including architects, engineers, contractors, real estate agents, home energy rating specialists, developers, and public officials
- Energy efficiency program market in Massachusetts
- Residential and Commercial & Industrial Multifamily construction industry in Massachusetts or experience working with a utility, public agency or non-governmental organization
- Knowledge of applicable MA construction building codes and practices
- Knowledge of integrated or whole building science principles
- Knowledge of ASTM and ASHRAE fundamentals
- Knowledge of residential energy-efficient applications and renewable technologies
- Knowledge of water efficiency issues
- Knowledge of sustainable building practices and technologies
- Knowledge of high performance construction practices, e.g. advanced framing
- Business-to-business sales or recruitment experience
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Massachusetts Remote Office (MA99)