Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Learning Solutions Designer
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We aren’t generic contractors, we are expert consultants. We work with our clients determine the ideal solution to their problems. We are seeking candidates who can help us create dynamic, engaging, exciting learning content with an emphasis on user-centered design, user experience (UX), and accessibility for all learners. This requires candidates who are nimble and innovative in their application of instructional design principles.
Using your mix of creative skills and project awareness, the successful candidate will create interactive and engaging ways to communicate instructional content knowledge as well as provide feedback on other team members' materials. The candidate will have the ability to develop a range of instructional materials including classroom-based training, online training and performance support tools, self-paced guides, case studies, job aids, etc.
The successful candidate will join our team based in Fairfax, Virginia. We focus on providing practical solutions to challenges in management and organizational change for public and private sector clients. These solutions include innovative, creative, and responsive training, organizational development, change management, and strategic performance improvement services.
- Work as part of an instructional design team under the supervision of a Project Manager.
- Design, develop, and document instructor-led, paper-based, and responsive technology-delivered curricula and performance support solutions.
- Participate in the development and review of products for adherence to style and storyboard guidelines, writing standards, course/task flow, and designing for standards such as SCORM conformance and Section 508 compliance.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience
- 3+ years of ISD experience and a Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Education, or related fields
- Experience in the full life cycle of the instructional systems design (ISD) process with experience in developing blended learning solutions that are Section 508-compliant and SCORM-conformant
- Ability to develop clear and concise linear and non-linear storyboards for programmers/online developers, including graphics concepts, audio scripts, user interactions, navigation, and other related elements
- Proficiency with word-processing, spreadsheet, and presentation tools (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Detailed knowledge of Section 508 requirements as applied to course design and development
- Superior use of the English language including the ability to read, comprehend, and communicate information and ideas effectively
- Knowledge of the field of human-computer interaction and performance-centered design
- Ability to apply instructional design principles to gaming and simulation environments
- Experience and working knowledge of at least one rapid development tool (e.g. Articulate Storyline, Adobe Presenter, Adobe Captivate)
- Experience developing video / motion-graphic storyboards
- Experience with design production tools (Adobe Creative Suite)
- Familiarity with concepts related to Communities of Practice and the application of social networking and online collaboration tools to learning
- Experience serving Federal clients
- Experience working in consulting firm environments
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting services company with over 5,000 specialized experts, but we are not your typical consultants. At ICF, business analysts and policy specialists work together with digital strategists, data scientists and creatives. We combine unmatched industry expertise with cutting-edge engagement capabilities to help organizations solve their most complex challenges. Since 1969, public and private sector clients have worked with ICF to navigate change and shape the future. Learn more at icf.com.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)