Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Project Manager Lead
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We are looking for a Project Manager Lead to join our team supporting a large contract within a CIO organization. You will need to be highly detail-oriented, with a strong technical background, and solid expertise and skills in Project Server Professional, Project Web App (PWA), SharePoint, and Microsoft Excel. If you have experience working in a large PMO organization, have exceptional people skills, and a desire to serve and collaborate with clients to achieve results, then this is the role for you. This position will be based on-site with our federal client in Arlington, VA.
What you will be doing…
- Analyze and evaluate project baseline information against variances and perform Earned Value Management (EVM) or equivalent to measure project performance and progress
- Analyze information and metrics gleaned using the Business Intelligence aspects of the PWA tool and provide IT investment-related, highly-detailed Portfolio, Program, and Project management analysis and reporting on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Provide expert-level support to our client’s Project Managers on project creation, project scheduling, custom solutions, and other ad-hoc management support
- Recommend innovations and improvements that align with current industry proven best practices used to control and provide visibility into IT investments
- Create Portfolio, Program and Project-level dashboards, views and ad-hoc reports and perform configuration adjustments and database customizations in relation to any new requirements, such as: creating changes to templates, custom development, creating project detail pages, customizing project team-sites, configuring work flows and creating specific web parts
- Streamline data submission and reporting processes and update standard operating procedures (SOPs) and process documentation as necessary
What you will need…
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of experience managing and supporting complex IT projects and financial portfolios
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Project Professional 2010, Microsoft Project Server 2010, Project Web Access (PWA), MS SharePoint Server 2010, MS SQL, and MS Excel (including experience with Pivot Tables, macros, and regression analysis)
- Experience working in a large-scale PMO, serving multiple clients, creating, generating and customizing reports, as well as making improvements to the overall PMO reporting environmentExperience working with both RUP-based Waterfall and Agile projects, and aligning schedules and deliverables for reporting purposes
- Experience developing technical processes and procedures and using portfolio management approaches and tools
- U.S. Citizenship required (required by federal government for position)
What we would like….
- Data visualization / Dashboard development experience
- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services experience
- ServiceNow experience
- PerformancePoint Server
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Client Office (VA88)