Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Business Development Specialist
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Business Development Specialist
To support our growth ICF is seeking a Business Development Specialist for our Corporate Growth Group in Fairfax, VA. The Business Development Specialist will perform market research support tasks involving the pursuit and capturing of new business primarily in the public sector related to ICF International’s strategic markets, business areas and clients in North America, Europe and Asia.
- Support pipeline development efforts through research conducted throughout the capture process, including intelligence gathering, quantitative and qualitative analyses of market conditions, internal follow-up with staff at all levels of the firm, and market research through web searches and data compilation
- Plan and coordinate Business Development meetings; manage meeting logistics and follow through
- Develop and maintain Team sites and/or SharePoint portals for multiple strategic priorities
- Support the development of communications products, including internal and external Business Development market newsletters, research documents, and oral presentations and briefings
- Take on specific ad-hoc capture or strategic initiative projects as requested
- Provide light administrative support as needed (e.g., help in completing and submitting expense reports, checking or ordering supplies for the printers or proposal “war rooms”, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1+ years relevant professional experience desirable
- Experience covering some combination of US public sector (Federal and State &Local), European public sector, donor agency or development bank data sources, research tools and methods desirable
- Experience with MS Office required (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Team)
- Ability to learn and master new systems (e.g., Microsoft Dynamics CRM and SharePoint) and ways to present information graphically (e.g., Pivot Tables)
- Enjoyable to be around under a variety of circumstances
- Strong interpersonal, research, and organizational skills
- Ability to balance technical, subject-matter driven research with light administrative support
- Strong attention to detail and the desire to learn Business Development in a subject matter- and deadline-driven environment
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)