Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is seeking an Environmental Chemist to support our USEPA Region 9 Environmental Services Assistance Team in Richmond, CA.
What you will be doing……
- Work on a team to conduct analysis of environmental samples (water, soil, air, and biota)
- Assignments will require maintenance, calibration, and operation of laboratory instrumentation for the detection of inorganic contaminants or characterization of soil and water with respect to inorganic constituents
- Adherence to analytical techniques including ion chromatography, flow injection analysis, and inductively couple plasma with atomic emission or mass spectrometry
- Responsible for reports using a laboratory information management system (LIMS)
- Responsible for strict adherence to standard operating procedures, health and safety policies and practices, and quality control requirements
What you will need….
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or related field required
- 1+ years of environmental analysis experience using EPA methodologies preferred
- Proficiency with IC, FIA, ICP-AES, and ICP-MS and EPA methodologies is preferred
- Basic computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office) required
- Attention to detail; excellent verbal and written communication skills; and ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Occasional travel (driving, air travel), must possess a clean driving record
- Schedule may include weekends (2 to 8 hours, up to two Saturdays per month)
- Must be able to lift and carry 40 pounds
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
California Client Office (CA88)