Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Disaster Recovery Project Manager
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
At ICF we make BIG things happen. Let’s work together to help Hurricane victims and communities recover and re-build for future resilience. ICF’s growing Disaster Management division is assembling an outstanding team equipped to offer expert advisory services, bringing the strength of past performance and a hand’s on integrated multidisciplinary approach. Join the ICF team and help make a difference.
The Disaster Management division works with government agencies and communities to design and implement policies and programs to promote increased resilience to disasters and to promote long-term recovery in housing, economic revitalization, and infrastructure after disaster strikes. Our functional expertise is in program management, technical assistance, training, performance measurement and evaluation, website development, and adult learning. Clients include HUD, HHS, and USDA among others. We often work in close collaboration with ICF experts across the firm on issues related to energy efficiency and green building, infrastructure, disaster planning and recovery, financial literacy, job training, and others. All our work is done in a professional, collegial, and intellectual environment that allows individuals pursue their passions and generate results.
ICF is hiring a Disaster Recovery Project Manager to provide day-to-day direction, guidance, and decision making for operations involving Contractor services for disaster recovery efforts for a client in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
- Plans, budgets, monitors, reports and coordinates daily project activities to ensure that Disaster Recovery goals and objectives are achieved.
- Establishes work plan and coordinates staff for each phase of the project. Confers with the project staff to outline the work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and authorities to ensure the life cycle of the scope of the project is maintained while regularly reporting on the status.
- Prepares project reports for client and management.
- Plans, reviews, and evaluates the work of subordinate professional and operational staff.
- Reviews and evaluates project and service delivery.
- Develops systems and maintains records that provide for the proper evaluation, control, and documentation of all program activities.
- Makes recommendations for hiring staff.
- Determines what deliverables will be generated during each phase
- Assess risk management within the project
- Implements performance measures to determine if objectives are being efficiently met
- Effectively communicates with client, sub-recipients, contractors, and other interested parties regarding all aspects of disaster recovery efforts and grant monitoring.
- Close project or phase maintaining all pertinent documents in a secure place.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 10 years of experience leading major disaster recovery efforts.
- Strong knowledge of and skills in management and supervision, effective leadership, problem solving, oral and written communication, evaluation of project effectiveness, and management of multiple tasks.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and multiple database systems.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to efficiently manage time and prioritize multiple tasks.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Louisiana Client Office (LA88)