Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is looking for a Data Engineer to support a federal client. The Data Engineer is responsible for processing structured and unstructured data, validating data quality, and developing and supporting data products. The Data Engineer also plays a role in Agile planning, and will design, code, test, correct, and document programs and scripts from agreed-upon specifications, and subsequent iterations, using agreed-upon standards and tools, to achieve a well-engineered result.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and develop ETL code as per requirements specifications and best practice guidelines
- Unit testing ETL code to ensure it can be delivered and run in a system testing environment
- Participation and contribution in quality assurance reviews of ETL components
- Maintain data lineage
- Performance tuning of ETL jobs
- Create data structures or data models that support data across all stages of the extract, transform and load (ETL) process
- Perform extensive data profiling and analysis based on the client’s data
- Work with data scientists and microservices development teams and/or client to define data requirements
Skills & Experience Needed
- Must be a US Citizen
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- BA/BS or Master's degree with emphasis on coursework of a quantitative nature (e.g., Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Data Sciences) prefered
- Minimum 4 years of Data Engineering experience
- Experience in SQL or PL/SQL, ETL (batch and stream processing) and data modeling
- Experience in Open source technologies (Spark, Kafka, Hive)
- Experience in Architecting big data
- Experience in Processing large volumes of data
- Knowledge of Big Data integration tools such as Sqoop, NIFI
- Familiarity with agile development process
- Experience in Cloud Technologies (AWS)
- Experience in with Java or Scala programming for data processing
- Experience supporting projects with Machine learning
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Washington Client Office (WA88)
Fairfax, VA (VA01)