Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Quality Assurance Analyst
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Reporting to the Manager, Quality Assurance the QA Analyst is responsible for developing test plans, executing test cases, completing standard test documentation, QA of creative assets, and participating in development and review meetings.
- An investigator, reviewing program / system requirements documentation in order to determine if the program will conform to requirements
- A gatherer, gathering business information in order to understand what and how to test
- Extremely detailed, leaving no stone unturned when drafting test documentation
- Digitally savvy, functionally testing websites and mobile applications of a variety of tools, emulators, browsers and devices in both English and French
- A troubleshooter, looking for the root cause in any defect or issue uncovered
- Quality focused, ensuring every piece of work is delivered defect free and with the highest possible quality
- Collaborative, working closely with Project Managers, Creative, Developers and Operations staff to successfully deliver high quality projects
Your Key Responsibilities:
Here’s what you’ll be doing day to day…
- Scoping: Working closely with Project Managers to scope QA efforts and managing the QA timeline
- Requirements Review: Working closely with Business Analysts to understand and interpret requirements as well as translating requirements into testing documentation
- Documentation: Creating test documentation, including test plans, test scenarios, test cases, and test scripts
- Review: Reviewing and proofreading of creative assets (design and copy) to ensure compliance to client feedback and approvals
- Execution: Performing testing on websites front ends, mobile applications and application back-ends including the following types of testing:
- Change Management: Managing defects and change requests
- Troubleshooting: Miscellaneous troubleshooting and production support; helping identify barriers and root causes of data issues and performance gaps
- Meetings: Coordinating and actively participating in development and review meetings
- Communication: Effective and detailed communication of QA status and defect details in person, via phone, email, etc.
Your Experience & Intangible Traits:
The ideal candidate for a QA Analyst position will possess the following competencies:
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Quality Assurance professional
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and analytical skills
- Sound understanding of web application technologies
- Working knowledge of SQL and database testing methodology
- Experience with defect tracking tools (i.e. JIRA)
- Experience with automated testing tools (i.e. Selenium)
- Experience working in a Linux environment and viewing server log files
- Experience working in high availability and high performance applications
- Experience testing large scale enterprise software products (i.e. Salesforce, AEM)
- Capable of clearly communicating complex issues to technical and non-technical personnel
- Experience with full software development life cycle and process improvement methodologies
- Able to balance priorities and communicate effectively in a fast moving, agile, product development environment
- Must be a detail oriented self-starter and a strong team player
- Ability to work well with a wide range of individuals and help solve complex issues
- Extensive experience writing Test Plans, Test Cases, and Test Scripts
- Experience in a digital agency environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Why you’ll love working here:
- Full health benefits (100% dental coverage, prescription, vision, massages, life insurance and short term/ long term disability)
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- Employee support program
- A brand new cell phone, with upgrades every 24 months (we’ve got your phone bill covered, too)
- Ongoing training and development opportunities, peer-taught lunch and learns and outside workshops like Ladies Learning Code
- Catered Friday lunches
- Loaded snack cupboards
- Office-ping pong and foosball tables, plus the latest and greatest video games
- Friendly community with lots of social events – from boat cruises to volleyball tournaments
- Participation in charity initiatives
Like what you see and think you’re a perfect fit? Apply today.
Please be assured we’ll treat any information you share with us with the utmost care, only use your information for recruitment purposes and will never sell it to other companies for marketing purposes. Please review https://www.icf.com/legal/Canada-privacy-statement to view ICF’s Privacy Statement for more details.
We thank all candidates in advance for their application, but only those contacted for an interview will receive a reply.
At ICF Next, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. ICF Next is committed to providing accommodations. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Toronto, Canada (CD80)